How does it feel to buy an NSX?

A picture is worth a thousand words. :biggrin:

7119tonynsx1-med.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Bring it to Savannah's Roebling Road on the 29th. I will be there to watch. Should be fun!

I'll drive it to the track this weekend, weather permitting of course. Before I drive it on the track, I have a few maintenance items I need to take care of (the engine has been untouched, it's a '91 with 16k miles):

Timing belt
Window regulator
Accessory belts
Water hoses
New transmission fluid
Oil change - Mobil 1 10W30
New battery (looking at lightweight Odyssey battery)
Rear diff. fluid change - Redline 75W90
change ABS fluid
change brake fluid
Replace air filter (stock)
Replace fuel filter & hoses
Replace coolant (and add water wetter)
New spark plugs
New water pump
Replace Anti-lock brake system high pressure hose
Replace power steering fluid

Anything else I should do?
-Tony

AutoVation said:
I'll drive it to the track this weekend, weather permitting of course. Before I drive it on the track, I have a few maintenance items I need to take care of (the engine has been untouched, it's a '91 with 16k miles):

Timing belt
Window regulator
Accessory belts
Water hoses
New transmission fluid
Oil change - Mobil 1 10W30
New battery (looking at lightweight Odyssey battery)
Rear diff. fluid change - Redline 75W90
change ABS fluid
change brake fluid
Replace air filter (stock)
Replace fuel filter & hoses
Replace coolant (and add water wetter)
New spark plugs
New water pump
Replace Anti-lock brake system high pressure hose
Replace power steering fluid

-Tony

Take power steering fluid off your to do list. NSX's don't have it
Change the Rear dif to Honda MTL and if it not an automatic cross off the trans fluid change.

Add
Vtec spool valve gaskets
Speed bleeders for the brakes and clutch master if manual trans.
Flush/bleed the clutch master/slave system. If M/T
Rebuild/replace the speaker amps
Alignment

AutoVation said:

-Tony

Intake, Header, Exhaust, Supercharger :)

Hope to see you this weekend then. Weather is supposed to be fine.

Briank said:
Add
Vtec spool valve gaskets
Speed bleeders for the brakes and clutch master if manual trans.
Flush/bleed the clutch master/slave system. If M/T
Rebuild/replace the speaker amps
Alignment

Speed bleeders...for tracking I suppose?? Or is there another reason :smile:

Jetpilot2112 said:
Speed bleeders...for tracking I suppose?? Or is there another reason :smile:

The only reason for speed Bleeders is so you don't need a second person to bleed the brakes. You don't have to call the buddy that comes over and drinks up all your beer or try to get the completely disinterested GF or wife to help.

Last edited:
Larry Bastanza said:
I would not be putting PS fluid in an electric PS unit though :biggrin:

LarryB

Sorry :D

I misread Briank's post. I thought he was saying "they don't have power steering", not "they don't have power steering fluid." That's why I threw in the little winky guy at the end.

But I don't mind looking like an idiot on the internert once in a while. Builds character. :cool:

The look on your face kinda says it all. Even though I think that you were holding back. You were trying to be cool for the camera, right.

I remember my feelings when I got mine like it was yesterday, and that was 8 years ago. For the first few months I remember thinking, "Man, dreams do come true." I come from a poor family, and I'm very far from being rich even today, so it really felt like a dream to me.

So HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BUY AN NSX? Personally, I would say it feels like a dream, but when you wake up, it's still there.

Oh, and by the way, great color. My car before the NSX was black, and I always remember thinking that I will never get another black car again. But when the NSX first came out and I saw it in black in person for the first time, I just knew that it had to be black.

Back