How do you talk your wife out of a minivan?

*Respect the Van*
http://news.windingroad.com/afterma...close-and-personal-with-the-86-honda-odyssey/
main.php

I'm glad my wife wasnt sure what she wanted.I have three girls under 4yrs old. I told her I wanted them all to be safe:smile: I ended up with this.So far we are very happy with it.
attachment.php

I'm glad my wife wasnt sure what she wanted.I have three girls under 4yrs old. I told her I wanted them all to be safe:smile: I ended up with this.So far we are very happy with it.

Yeah, originally we were going to get the ESV...I personally don't think we need that thing...now if we had a boat, then yes. We already test drove the Odyssey Touring...she wants black with tan interior....loaded. The S6 is going in Auto Trader tomorrow.

There are things in motion that I can not stop. :frown: No biggie tho, the money I save NOT buying a BMW or Caddy I can put towards my B8 S4 when it comes out. :biggrin:

Audi Q7

I saw a white one today, so gorgeous. 3 rows of seats as well (something wrong with me lately after driving the Highlander, getting kinda facinated with SUVs with 3 rows of seats, and it must seat at least 8:confused:). Been dreaming about having dad/mom/sis/bro/2 in laws visiting me in US and driving them around comfortabely.

065ij.jpg

024vj.jpg

lol, you're in denial. i like how everybody's always like " i'll never get a minivan"..... fact of the matter is, it's a family vehicle.... and you have a family. doesn't matter what car you get, you still have kids in the back :tongue: might as well make it as comfortable as possible for the whole fams.

go test drive an odyssey, and you might change your mind. it's a minivan, but it's a damn nice one :cool: can't buy a beamer that'll open the doors for you. :wink:

oh, i forgot to mention.....
i saw a black odyssey, lowered, with black/polished lip wheels @ ikea in ATL. actually looked really good, besides the scuderia shields it had on the front fenders! :wink:

i'd post pics, but they were on my old phone :frown:

Unless something happens at the last minute... S6 is sold and we've put a deposit on a Honda Odyssey touring.

Time to start pricing out rims. :smile:

Unless something happens at the last minute... S6 is sold and we've put a deposit on a Honda Odyssey touring.

Time to start pricing out rims. :smile:

Let me know how you like it.
I'm getting ready to sell/trade our 07 Acura TL Type-S for an Odyssey also. Probably get a used one so we can lower payments.

Let me know how you like it.
I'm getting ready to sell/trade our 07 Acura TL Type-S for an Odyssey also. Probably get a used one so we can lower payments.

Will do. My wife was very specific in her choice of a white one with the tan interior...so it isn't even built yet. There's one scheduled to be built on the 15th or something like that. Hopefully we get it or I'll be driving my NSX all summer to work.

Will do. My wife was very specific in her choice of a white one with the tan interior...
Am pretty sure you can get an AMG R63 in this color.
C6-Z06 class juice with a nice interior, and plenty of room for the old folks. :biggrin:

Alternately, a VW Touareg V10 TDI will tow a whole fleet of NSXs without issues.

Last edited:
Will do. My wife was very specific in her choice of a white one with the tan interior...so it isn't even built yet. There's one scheduled to be built on the 15th or something like that. Hopefully we get it or I'll be driving my NSX all summer to work.

I think the R Class AMG I believe has been discontinued.

Lol..I'm not buying my wife an AMG...she's not allowed to have a faster car than me. :smile:

How did I miss this thread for so long? Hope she likes the van. I was in a similar situation last October. We ended up with an 08 Pilot. I would have gone with the Odyssey, but it didn't have awd and my wife really wanted the Pilot. The Odyssey just makes so much sense. I love the sliding doors on both sides (no door dings in the garage). The layout of the interior is just so practical. And of course you can't argue with Honda's fit, finish, reliability and safety records. The first time I saw a fully loaded Odyssey I thought to myself "This is too nice to put my kids in. They'll trash it." :smile:

I think the R Class AMG I believe has been discontinued.
You are correct... he'll have to "make do" with the E63 wagon or G55 hummer-dinger

Or get something unique like a Pinzgauer 712K
http://www.4x4road.com/tipspinz.html :eek:

Here are some shots.

pinz712K26062007273-vi.jpg

pin712K26062007271-vi.jpg

then there's the good ole 'sin bin' - early 1970s VW Kombi van camper

VW_bus_t1_v_split_screen_wagen-vi.jpg

any of which are cooler than the Ody "dream"

Last edited:
that looks so good, pvmike... I believed you are helping me selling the body kits to Drvolkl's wife......

Just so you know, me and my manager was trying to get one earlier than the one built on 5/19. Stay tuned.

that looks so good, pvmike... I believed you are helping me selling the body kits to Drvolkl's wife......

Just so you know, me and my manager was trying to get one earlier than the one built on 5/19. Stay tuned.

I still can't believe she finally changed her mind from black to white. I hope we can find some cool rims somewhere for it. Maybe you should throw the body kit on there....I think she'll like it. (As long as we don't have to worry about curbs with it...I don't think it's that aggressive, is it?)

Will do. My wife was very specific in her choice of a white one with the tan interior...so it isn't even built yet.

kinda funny, my wife and I can't stand that color combo. Our recently adopted 6yr old would have that interior destroyed in a week flat.
We are looking at a darker interior to hopefully stand up better to the abuse it is going to take.

Guess what i found on internet... This is 07 with the 16 inch rims, yours will have the five spokes 17.

aero140.jpg

aero1404.jpg

Unless you are lowering it, you should still have quite a bit of clearance...

If you have a young family I HIGHLY recommend a pre-owned van. Nothing sadder then a $40k Ody Touring with the first dents, spills, etc becoming a $28k Ody Touring on your nickle. Find a company owned or one owned by Grandpa/Grandma that is 2-3 years old and then don't worry with what will happen to it. Daily. JMHO.

If you have a young family I HIGHLY recommend a pre-owned van. ... Find a company owned or one owned by Grandpa/Grandma that is 2-3 years old and then don't worry with what will happen to it. Daily. JMHO.
Hey Nick - any blogs/posts on the TOYO-Sienna "modding for dummies" yet ?
Your early efforts on the NSX were TRULY inspirational !! :biggrin:

If you have a young family I HIGHLY recommend a pre-owned van. Nothing sadder then a $40k Ody Touring with the first dents, spills, etc becoming a $28k Ody Touring on your nickle. Find a company owned or one owned by Grandpa/Grandma that is 2-3 years old and then don't worry with what will happen to it. Daily. JMHO.

You obviously don't know my wife. :smile:

I buy all my cars used, so yeah, I know what you're saying. This is a different circumstance, we're not worried about the depreciation.

(Plus, if I go along with this, I get to get a 2005 NSX someday) :biggrin:

Back