How do you choose btwn your NSX or S2K

Just a fun topic for the guy's that have an NSX and S2K.

I have the hardest time choosing which to drive especially on really nice days. It would have been easier if I had kept my 02 S2K ,but the changes Honda made to the 04 S2K make it a blast to drive around town.

How do you guy's choose?

WingZ said:

I have the hardest time choosing which to drive especially on really nice days. It would have been easier if I had kept my 02 S2K ,but the changes Honda made to the 04 S2K make it a blast to drive around town.

How do you guy's choose?

Whichever key is easiest to reach...LOL!! ;)

It is funny you said that the decision would have been easier had you still had your '02 S2000 since you did not like it as much. I find my '02 S2000 MORE fun than the new one because I love the 9,000 RPM redline. :D

WingZ said:

How do you guy's choose?

I feel so sorry for you! What a terrible dilemma. :smile:

I hear alot of guy's say that and at first I did miss it ,but the more useable torque and better planted back end made me completely forget my first S2K.

My 04 feels like more of a car than my 02 and the funny thing is that my 02 had a lot of mods ( I/H/E ) plus chasis mods. I didn't think it was possible for Honda to better the car. One test drive was all it took. Even at the track the 04's extra pull really makes a difference and I stopped missing the 9k redline

:biggrin:

If it's a really sunny day, then I'll drive the S2K, since my NSX is a coupe. Otherwise, it's a tough call. :)

Performancewise, the NSX feels more solid & planted, while the S2K feels more tossable and "on the edge".

Quite easy, I still own an 02 S2K, and have yet to find the right NSX :biggrin:

Geez... i have trouble deciding where to put my S2k and NSX 1/18th models on my desk. I didn't realize you could have an even bigger problem like this. :D

Greybloke said:
Quite easy, I still own an 02 S2K, and have yet to find the right NSX :biggrin:

LOL, have to agree with you on this one since I still have my spa s2k and can't find a nice yellow NSX yet......hahaha

But dang WingZ, that is quite a nice collection of cars you got :)

I'll get back to you on this one after I own an NSX thank you.

rick

The NSX wins most times, as the S2000 is usually broken :(

It depends where i'm going and how I want my ride to be, S2000 if I want to drive and NSX if I want to fly :cool: NSX wins 90% of the time.

-Rob and Julia

simonprelude said:
The NSX wins most times, as the S2000 is usually broken :(

Wow what problems do you have with the S2K?

Perry, someday I hope to have the problems you do.....
...of course i found myself getting frustrated the other day because I really can justify rims for the nsx til I get my gf a ring....then I kinda thought about it a while....life ain't so bad.

blodi said:
Perry, someday I hope to have the problems you do.....
...of course i found myself getting frustrated the other day because I really can justify rims for the nsx til I get my gf a ring....then I kinda thought about it a while....life ain't so bad.

Says the guy who has a NSX ,BMW 5 series and a motorcycle:biggrin:

Good luck with the ring thing and it's cool that your man enough to put her first!

Meeyatch1 said:
Whichever key is easiest to reach...LOL!! ;)

It is funny you said that the decision would have been easier had you still had your '02 S2000 since you did not like it as much. I find my '02 S2000 MORE fun than the new one because I love the 9,000 RPM redline. :D
I completely agree with Mitch.

I never felt either my 01 or 02 S2000's "lacked torque" as so many Mustang drivers like to say. In fact, I loved those cars and felt the sound of running them up to 9K RPM was one of the real thrills of driving the cars.

I don't like the changes to the front, rear, or wheels of the "improved" S2000's either.

But to each his/her own.

Perry,

I was gonig to ask you which one gets the garage first? Since you have numerous toys and only enough space for 2 @ a time. :wink:

ekin95 said:
Perry,

I was gonig to ask you which one gets the garage first? Since you have numerous toys and only enough space for 2 @ a time. :wink:

I actually consider the S2K my "hooptie" since it's the cheapest car we have:biggrin:

M3 and NSX get the garage.:wink:

At the moment the A/C clutch has failed :(

Usually killed clutches or engines :(

WingZ said:
Wow what problems do you have with the S2K?

If it's Friday, Saturday or Sunday, I take the NSX.

If it's M-Th and my wife hasn't already snatched the S2000 (forcing me to drive one of the others), I'll hop in the S2K and drop the top before leaving the driveway. :smile:

Back