How Can I Fin Out The Diference Between Engine Na1 And Na2

Hello. I need some help. I recentli bought a 1991 NSX, the old owner told me that he installed a NA2 engine on the car.

I want to get new headers. But i don really know if this is a 3.0 or 3.2. Any body outhere with some help? Thanks. Hector

I might be wrong, but NA2 will not work with 5 speed transmission, so if it's got six cogs, it might be true.

Vancehu said:
I might be wrong, but NA2 will not work with 5 speed transmission, so if it's got six cogs, it might be true.

Any engine will work with any transmission as long as you have the correct input shafts and clutch.

hevel1 said:
Hello. I need some help. I recentli bought a 1991 NSX, the old owner told me that he installed a NA2 engine on the car.

I want to get new headers. But i don really know if this is a 3.0 or 3.2. Any body outhere with some help? Thanks. Hector

The engine does not matter for header installation. The only thing is what exhaust setup you have. The 91-94 have the same, the 95-96 has the same, and the post 97 until ???? year has the same setup. Check out www.scienceofspeed.com to learn more, along with the FAQ on this site.

ncdogdoc said:
Any engine will work with any transmission as long as you have the correct input shafts and clutch.

For some reason, I thought the bolt on patern is different between 5 speed and six speed. 5 speed uses 6 bults, 6 speed uses 7. I have seen an add on piece to update to 6 speed on the NA1, but I have never seen one that goes backwards.

hevel1 said:

to make easy on you, check the engine block:
NA1, engine code C30A - 3 liter
NA2, engine code C32B - 3.2 liter

any headers should work regardless of engine model. im guessing if you can put 97+ headers on a 91, you should be able to do it vice versa, right? dont quote me. i could be wrong.

many people upgrade their early models with OEM NA2/1997+ headers and it works. as far as the bungholes for the 02 sensors, i havnt a clue because i never looked into that, so i cant say i know for sure. :frown:

good luck

paulviriyapan said:
What color are the valve covers? The 3.2 NA2 has red, the 3.0 NA1 is black.

I wouldn't go on that alone. I for one and know of several others that have powerder coated and or painted their covers red for the newer look.

Vancehu said:
For some reason, I thought the bolt on patern is different between 5 speed and six speed. 5 speed uses 6 bults, 6 speed uses 7. I have seen an add on piece to update to 6 speed on the NA1, but I have never seen one that goes backwards.
Hmmmm, as you stated if a six speed tranny can mate to naturally a NA2, and easily a NA1, sounds like a the mating surface is the same, right? So the five speed tranny can also mate to a NA2 engine with the appropriate input shaft and clutch.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Hmmmm, as you stated if a six speed tranny can mate to naturally a NA2, and easily a NA1, sounds like a the mating surface is the same, right? So the five speed tranny can also mate to a NA2 engine with the appropriate input shaft and clutch.
Steve

You guys are not reading me right, or I should say, I didn't do a good job expressing my self.

From what I understand. 5 Speed Tranny has a six bolt pattern, and the six speed has a seven bolt patter (to bold one to the engine). I could be wrong. Also, the five speed uses dual plate clutch, which will not work on C32B

Back