• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Houston area body shop recommendation

After 10 years of diligently keeping my red/black '91 unblemished, a guy backed into it when it was parked. The damage is light and visible only on a section of paint on the rear bumper cover, but the impact may have also damaged the cover itself. Sterling McCall Acura sent me to their central multiple-brands body shop, but they turned me away (1) because they do not work on NSXs (!) and (2) they do not accept the guy's insurance (Fred Loya- too slow to reimburse they say). Any recommendations for a shop that will repair the damage at a level commensurate with the quality of an NSX? The pain of this incident will only lessen if the repair is perfect.

Oldguy,

I feel awful calling you that. :biggrin: You might want to look at Modena on West Airport there in Sugar Land. They are a bit high, but from my personal experience, their work was flawless. And my car was black. Well technically, my car is black, but they worked on my previous black NSX. :smile:

I have some experience with body shops, but no expert. But I've never seen a body shop hide repair as well as Modena.

Hope this helps,
- Zishan

Thanks, I'll check it out. At 70, I can't hide from the fact that I'm an "oldguy". But I feel much younger when I drive my NSX!

Insist on a "new" OEM bumper if at all possible if theres any rips or tears in the plastic. It is repairable but still opt for new if allowed. Good luck.

Back