Honda Tuning magazine editor's NSX

Nice NSX Aaron!!! I'm sure you will be very happy with her. I was very ecstatic to read that issue. Is it going to be a project car or featured in some way? Nice job with the magazine BTW.

P.S. Feature my Legend please!! (no, not really, feature a nicer one)

Hi, Swift

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Looks great! Not a fan of the painted OEM calipers, but I'm sure you will be changing those to a real BBK soon. :D
Me neither, they'll be gone soon.

I'm pleasently surprised to see you have center caps on those wheels:wink:
Yeah, it's almost unusual to see them now.

You know it, Gil. How anyone can think about swapping out that sweet exhaust is beyond me.:biggrin:
Sorry though, mine's coming off real soon.

MAybe now we will actually read accurate info on other honda cars BESIDES civics for once. sweet.

Ps-nice car.
That's the plan.

Nice NSX Aaron!!! I'm sure you will be very happy with her. I was very ecstatic to read that issue. Is it going to be a project car or featured in some way? Nice job with the magazine BTW.

P.S. Feature my Legend please!! (no, not really, feature a nicer one)

Hi, Swift
First and foremost it's my daily driver but I am going to cover most of the modifications I do to it in the magazine. Most of our readers are very unfamiliar with the NSX and I hope to open their eyes to it a bit. No Legends on the horizon but I do have a really nice RL that I'm about to run.

I have the buddy club racing spec coilovers, and am very very happy.

Hi everyone. Been lurking around this forum for several years now but didn’t have much of a reason to join until now. I recently purchased a black on black NA1 from its original owner. I’ve wanted an NSX since I was a teen and saw my first one in late ’90 yet had only seriously pursued the idea of purchasing one for the last year or so. It took a while for me to find the right one but it was worth it. It’s funny, for the last several years, every time I’d work on one or see one driving around I’d think to myself, “that should be me in that car.”

Anyways, long-time Honda guy here and, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m also the editor of Honda Tuning magazine. I’ve been working hard to take the magazine in a new direction since I took over. On a related note: look for more NSX content than before. Anyways, you know where to find me now. Let me know if there’s anything I can do for any fellow NSX enthusiasts out there.

Welcome to the family. Nice wheels..:)

Nice car! How many miles are on it?

About 120K when I purchased it. I can think of few cars I'd actually buy with that kind of mileage but the seller was really great and allowed me to do a compression test and do a full inspection on the car. I think I began to annoy him but, hey, I ended up buying it.

Hey Aaron Welcome!

Man that car is CLEAN! Good find! Hey if you haven't already maybe you should do a "Finding the right NSX" article. It's funny but whenever people post they say the same as you "took months to years to locate the right one".

Also what's the new direction for the mag?

3rd pic down shows why the NSX's aggressive setup is such a tire eater. Love that exhaust. Car looks great!
The pictured NSX is lowered, that camber is not representative of stock...and the reason NSXs with 1991-1992 OEM alignment is toe (which you don't see in this picture).

Nice looking NSX...lack of CF external parts, body kit, etc. and presence of center caps, emblums, etc help a lot IMO. Near-stock appearance is special and almost unique sock these days (I actually went back to stock exhaust recently and can't believe I wanted the extra noise of an aftermarket at some point, it's not missed...headers will remain aftermarket). CF trim on the inside looks fine...low key, blends in with black of interior, fit is good, not peeling, etc...but that shift knob, brake handle, and phone control panel need to go. If you remove the phone controls you'll need a new coin tray (if original is present, it has holes drilled in it for wires)...part number is 77298-SL0-A00ZA...about $32 ($40 retail). OEM shift boot is also listed here...not sure where to find the break lever and shift knob in the parts catalog (though it's likely you can find these more-expensive parts used in good condition).

Last edited:
Very nice example. Clean lines w/o obnoxious wings, body panels, etc. You should be proud. :wink:

Hey Aaron Welcome!

Man that car is CLEAN! Good find! Hey if you haven't already maybe you should do a "Finding the right NSX" article. It's funny but whenever people post they say the same as you "took months to years to locate the right one".

Also what's the new direction for the mag?

Thanks. We've been planning something similar to what you've suggested. Probably one for the NSX and another for certain Civics and Integras. Each of these cars has their own special quirks that potential buyers should be aware of.

The new direction? More cool Hondas, better projects, and a magazine that appeals to NSX owners and Civic owners alike. At least, that's what we're trying to do anyways.

Nice looking NSX...lack of CF external parts, body kit, etc. and presence of center caps, emblums, etc help a lot IMO. Near-stock appearance is special and almost unique sock these days (I actually went back to stock exhaust recently and can't believe I wanted the extra noise of an aftermarket at some point, it's not missed...headers will remain aftermarket). CF trim on the inside looks fine...low key, blends in with black of interior, fit is good, not peeling, etc...but that shift knob, brake handle, and phone control panel need to go.

Thanks for the compliments. I prefer the stock appearance although I will be adding a front lip and will absolutely be putting a different exhaust on. Tore the fake carbon trim off last week. Trust me, it wasn't pretty up close.

FYI - I just subscribed to HT again.:wink: Looking forward to more NSX articles.

Hey Aaron,

I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet, I have met Rodrez a few times and have been at a couple of you recent magazine shoots for friends of mine (good friends with Redzone performance in Fremont) look forward to meeting you one day. just waiting till the car is complete and hopefully you guys will wanna shoot the car a power adder is all thats really left so hopefully we will be talking soon :biggrin: well maybe some more touches to the interior :p

definately good to see you jumped on a clean '91 and can't wait to see it progress!

Congratulations and thanks for a great magazine! I've made it into the Grassroots section with my Legend coupe and I think I bought every copy of that issue in town :). Keep up the great work and best of luck with the new ride.

Just rec'd my first copy of HT in several years. Looks good! Thoght it was more relevant and more detailed than in previous issues that I'd picked up at the newstand.

Looking forward to hearing about your nsx in the pub.

Welcome to the NSX community and congrats on purchasing a very clean NSX.

If your looking for NSX content, there are many NSX's on NSXPrime that deserve to be in your magazine. IMO you should do an article (maybe even a series of articles) on this NSX first.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61106

Anil, I hope you don't mind me suggesting an article is written on your NSX.

Mike

Hi everyone. Been lurking around this forum for several years now but didn’t have much of a reason to join until now. I recently purchased a black on black NA1 from its original owner. I’ve wanted an NSX since I was a teen and saw my first one in late ’90 yet had only seriously pursued the idea of purchasing one for the last year or so. It took a while for me to find the right one but it was worth it. It’s funny, for the last several years, every time I’d work on one or see one driving around I’d think to myself, “that should be me in that car.”

Anyways, long-time Honda guy here and, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m also the editor of Honda Tuning magazine. I’ve been working hard to take the magazine in a new direction since I took over. On a related note: look for more NSX content than before. Anyways, you know where to find me now. Let me know if there’s anything I can do for any fellow NSX enthusiasts out there.

You should stop by my shop for one of those mini meet. We do that quite often. Check out every one's car:smile:

Back