Honda NSX tuned by McLaren

Hello everyone.
I read around that there is a version of the NSX tuned by McLaren.
If not mistaken should have 340hp but I have some questions:

1) is a tuned version only the first generation (in other words the one with the pop-up headlights)? or have made it even with the second generation of the NSX?
2) I read that should have 340hp but you know more specifics? es. weight, changes, etc..?

if I understand it really should not exist any NSX tuned by McLaren.

My question now is another. is there any tuner that has tuned the second generation NSX without major external changes?

if I understand it really should not exist any NSX tuned by McLaren.

My question now is another. is there any tuner that has tuned the second generation NSX without major external changes?
To many to list right now lol, i guess there should be 10-20 companies world wide maybe more.

Spoon Sports (Japan)
Route KS (Japan)
Mugen (Japan)
KSP Engineering (Japan)
Comptech / CT Engineering (USA)
Driving Ambition (USA)
FXMD (USA)
ScienceofSpeed (USA)
STMPO (USA)

Last edited:
Not to get too far off this subject but I have recently gotten some issues of the NSXCA magazine since I'm now a member. Anyway the gist of the article was this and it's title was "the best mod for your NSX" and it went on to point out the benefits of doing DE days at the track. In other words learn how to be a better driver. Then you'll also be around others that track and are talking about other mods to their cars. It's the best thing you can do to make yourself a better driver so you can use the power that is available in your stock NSX.

Not trying to be preachy or disuade anyone from spending money on their cars to make them faster as well as suspension mods to make them handle better but there is so much to be learned from Driver Event days that I'm sure it will set you on a path that would be fun and interesting. Good luck and there is always Science of Speed to help you with mods and STIMPO too. Google them you find plenty.

Not to get too far off this subject but I have recently gotten some issues of the NSXCA magazine since I'm now a member. Anyway the gist of the article was this and it's title was "the best mod for your NSX" and it went on to point out the benefits of doing DE days at the track. In other words learn how to be a better driver. Then you'll also be around others that track and are talking about other mods to their cars. It's the best thing you can do to make yourself a better driver so you can use the power that is available in your stock NSX.

Not trying to be preachy or disuade anyone from spending money on their cars to make them faster as well as suspension mods to make them handle better but there is so much to be learned from Driver Event days that I'm sure it will set you on a path that would be fun and interesting. Good luck and there is always Science of Speed to help you with mods and STIMPO too. Google them you find plenty.

Totally agree. Any mod money I have is going to be spent on track lessons with Bruce.

I guess I'm the only nsx owner who has car for style,looks and prestige oppose to performance and speed, I guess that what my bike is for.

I tried to find info on those versions and excluding the processing-look "NSX-R GT", the twin-turbo versions and those with increasing displacement remained:
- Driving Ambition
- FXMD

But I can not find more detailed info (eg weight, hp, etc...)

can you help me?

p.s. I was interested, just out of curiosity, to the maximum processing with single turbo and not look "NSX-R GT".

The way that a car looks and the underlying performance and powertrain are not the same thing. You can put a NSX-R GT bodykit on a 91 NA1 and it will still drive like a 91 NA1.

All of the tuners I listed have the capability of building and/or tuning any NSX to any performance level. The reason you cannot find more detailed info is that these tuners do not offer just one version of the NSX. They can make anything you like.

As for numbers, there are three factory versions of the NA2 NSX:

NSX-T 1340kg 290hp
NSX Type S 1320kg 290hp
NSX-R 1270kg 290hp

Vendors like Lovefab have tuned single turbo NSXs to over 900 rwhp.

I tried to find info on those versions and excluding the processing-look "NSX-R GT", the twin-turbo versions and those with increasing displacement remained:
- Driving Ambition
- FXMD

But I can not find more detailed info (eg weight, hp, etc...)

can you help me?

p.s. I was interested, just out of curiosity, to the maximum processing with single turbo and not look "NSX-R GT".

Im going to avoid the religious "mod vs not mod" debate. It doesnt really need more air time.

The OP doesnt make a lot of sense to me at all.

What are you looking for? Do you mean tuners along the lines or RUF or Koenigsegg where they essentially manufacture a new car?

If yes, Ill save you the trouble. That doesnt exist.

There are a ton of power and performance mods. The Comptech mods were even originally sold as dealer installed options through certain dealers. The Comptech supercharger, headers, exhaust and suspension bits are on a bunch of cars (incl mine) and are as close to "factory performance" as the NSX ever got. That said, they are all bolt-on/enhancements.

The tuner community has gone farther. Going for stand alone engine management, ITB, big turbos and higher power SCs, etc etc. All of the stuff you'd expect. But no one offers a complete solution as in "we will sell you the XYZ NSX"

The closest there ever was to that may have been a Comptech "concept car" type deal which was basically just every Comptech appearance and go fast mod applied to a basic NSX, or the "Spoon NSX" which I think is basically the same deal but with Spoon bits.

Curious what the rationale is behind the question actually

Last edited:
The way that a car looks and the underlying performance and powertrain are not the same thing. You can put a NSX-R GT bodykit on a 91 NA1 and it will still drive like a 91 NA1.

All of the tuners I listed have the capability of building and/or tuning any NSX to any performance level. The reason you cannot find more detailed info is that these tuners do not offer just one version of the NSX. They can make anything you like.

As for numbers, there are three factory versions of the NA2 NSX:

NSX-T 1340kg 290hp
NSX Type S 1320kg 290hp
NSX-R 1270kg 290hp

Vendors like Lovefab have tuned single turbo NSXs to over 900 rwhp.

ok, thanks.

Spoon tunes many different versions of the NSX. The one in the picture is a NA2 NSX-R. It is not clear how Spoon tuned this car from the picture alone, but since it appears to come from a Best Motoring episode and there is a White R35 GT-R in the frame as well, I suspect it is the same car that ran against the GT-R here in the US on the Streets of Willow. That car was turbocharged and one of our Prime members "stuntman" drove it. I believe Mr. Ichishima said it was about 420 hp and had full Spoon suspension and brakes.

I think it is important to note that while the NSX-R in that test had the GT lip, diffuser, side scoops and hatch scoop (cosmetic only), it was not a real NSX-R GT. I think Mr. Ichishima mentioned Spoon can make the GT body parts to mod your NSX, but it is not clear if Spoon has one of the 5 actual GT models produced by Honda.

Hello everyone. I would like to ask you something.
I noticed that the NSX of this image ( http://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...d1231662157-spoon-fed-nsx-r-gt-cimg1471-1.jpg ) was produced by SPOON but not the R-GT version.

Do you have more information on this development? I ask because I have only found info on the fancy version of R-GT but not on this version which should be R.

Spoon Sports (Japan)
Route KS (Japan)
Mugen (Japan)
KSP Engineering (Japan)
Comptech / CT Engineering (USA)
Driving Ambition (USA)
FXMD (USA)
ScienceofSpeed (USA)
STMPO (USA)
Some more from Japan
Arms Engineering
Tracy Sports
Toda
Spoon Sports
JUN Auto

there are 3-4 others i can't think of there name right away

Europe:
Kremer

Last edited:
The U.K. press/private '02+ NSX-R is worth the effort...

Not sure what/when/why/where happened to the '02+ NSX-R U.K. press-car that was listed on consignment & then later in Dupont Registry (and Robb Report?). I still believe that to be "the" NSX to get by a lifelong NSX-enthusiast, in terms of collecting & experiencing. The notoriety, exclusivity, and essence of it makes up for its (then) optimistic asking-price. . .
Hello everyone. I would like to ask you something.
I noticed that the NSX of this image ( http://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...d1231662157-spoon-fed-nsx-r-gt-cimg1471-1.jpg ) was produced by SPOON but not the R-GT version.

Do you have more information on this development? I ask because I have only found info on the fancy version of R-GT but not on this version which should be R.
There is an analog of that here in the U.S. that was created & marketed by Spoon a year or so ago: Spoon NSX-R for Sale in CA...

Here's an actual upclose & personal review by a Prime member of that offering: Spoon NSX-R GT Review...

Am I imagining things or was this Spoon NSX-R GT somewhat recently wrecked? I recall it being offered at South Coast Acura / Subaru in the past, along w/ random Autotrader.com & Cars.com listings.

Last edited:
Re: The U.K. press/private '02+ NSX-R is worth the effort...

Not sure what/when/why/where happened to the '02+ NSX-R U.K. press-car that was listed on consignment & then later in Dupont Registry (and Robb Report?). I still believe that to be "the" NSX to get by a lifelong NSX-enthusiast, in terms of collecting & experiencing. The notoriety, exclusivity, and essence of it makes up for its (then) optimistic asking-price. . .

There is an analog of that here in the U.S. that was created & marketed by Spoon a year or so ago: Spoon NSX-R for Sale in CA...

Here's an actual upclose & personal review by a Prime member of that offering: Spoon NSX-R GT Review...

Am I imagining things or was this Spoon NSX-R GT somewhat recently wrecked? I recall it being offered at South Coast Acura / Subaru in the past, along w/ random Autotrader.com & Cars.com listings.
I know certainly of 3 NSX-R's in Europe with one of them still for sale in Germany, Other one a Green NA1R sold a few years ago in the UK.
Other one is the Honda UK car.

Spoon tunes many different versions of the NSX. The one in the picture is a NA2 NSX-R. It is not clear how Spoon tuned this car from the picture alone, but since it appears to come from a Best Motoring episode and there is a White R35 GT-R in the frame as well, I suspect it is the same car that ran against the GT-R here in the US on the Streets of Willow. That car was turbocharged and one of our Prime members "stuntman" drove it. I believe Mr. Ichishima said it was about 420 hp and had full Spoon suspension and brakes.

I think it is important to note that while the NSX-R in that test had the GT lip, diffuser, side scoops and hatch scoop (cosmetic only), it was not a real NSX-R GT. I think Mr. Ichishima mentioned Spoon can make the GT body parts to mod your NSX, but it is not clear if Spoon has one of the 5 actual GT models produced by Honda.

ok, so the NSX-R would have, if I'm not mistaken, alloy wheels, sports suspension, sport brakes, turbo (single turbo, not twin turbo) and general changes to the engine until they touch 420hp.

am I right?

ok, so the NSX-R would have, if I'm not mistaken, alloy wheels, sports suspension, sport brakes, turbo (single turbo, not twin turbo) and general changes to the engine until they touch 420hp.

am I right?

Yes, the NSX-R in that picture most likely has Spoon suspension, Spoon brakes, alloy wheels, single turbo and Spoon engine treatment to the tune of about 420 hp.

Back