• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

[1st Gen] Honda NSX-R 100% USA Legal

But why go to the trouble of destroying a real type R which will sell for more unmolested even in Japan when you can hack up any "normal" NSX for less on the initial purchase and then out fender flares, etc on it. Would you expect anyone to do this to a Zanardi?

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you are going to use this as a loss leader or want to keep it in your personal collection because it's not selling here at that price point. Nobody will wait 5 years at any price let alone for one that costs more than a 2017 NSX and is a amalgam of miscellaneous (aka not oem) parts.

I'm not defending this car Bob but it's just a mindset issue over there. Back in the mid nineties according to my friends it wasn'tt a big deal. It's like hacking up a top trim EX model Accord here. A type R wasn't God like it is here. This also makes sense because the JDM is saturated with special edition trims like V Spec, Type S, STi, Etc...

Last edited:
But why go to the trouble of destroying a real type R which will sell for more unmolested even in Japan when you can hack up any "normal" NSX for less on the initial purchase and then out fender flares, etc on it. Would you expect anyone to do this to a Zanardi?

I think it has to do with the depreciation curve of cars. The early Type-R depreciated like most cars do. So second owners didn't see it as a big deal to modify them. 15-20 years later the prices skyrocketed. Also the NA1 Type-R isn't as special as the NSX-R. They made nearly 500 units and they didn't have unique aero upgrades like the NSX-R had.

Same goes for pretty much any NSX here. Your car is worth more stock than modified, but we still do it. Of course many try to kept things reversible.

Last edited:
I see the point, but then why go out of your way to advertise the type R part, when the value of this car to an american would be as a rhd track car with an itb build.....

I think it has to do with the depreciation curve of cars. The early Type-R depreciated like most cars do. So second owners didn't see it as a big deal to modify them. 15-20 years later the prices skyrocketed. Also the NA1 Type-R isn't as special as the NSX-R. They made nearly 500 units and they didn't have unique aero upgrades like the NSX-R had.

Same goes for pretty much any NSX here. Your car is worth more stock than modified, but we still do it. Of course many try to kept things reversible.

Yes, I understand that but the starting point on a build like this is higher when you use a Type R than with a "standard" NSX so if you are going to make such modifications I still don't understand why you start with an example that necessarily is worth more than the average NSX even after depreciation. Maybe I'm missing something but when I was in Japan for NSX Fiesta I didn't see anyone with a Type R that was unrecognizable like this one.

I see the point, but then why go out of your way to advertise the type R part, when the value of this car to an american would be as a rhd track car with an itb build.....

Because a RHD ITB track build doesn't qualify for Type-R tax! :biggrin:
Of course a heavily molested car isn't collectible either...

More details from Japan. Attached is the door jam plate pictures. If you can't read it, see below.

Plates were removed from doors, which is consistent with a respray of the car. This is assumed because the top is not black, like the other NSX-Rs.

"NSX-R R 0460
Manufactured by Honda Motor Co. 1300348"

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see below NSX-R NA1 were produced in the following numbers (credit to Jim C. for this info)

1992 146
1993 106
1994 157
1995 54
1996 1

Total is 464 NA1 NSX-Rs.
This is chassis 460.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image-0-02-08-5ef81497203e61d6afcc4b59056d31f6e6f2bbe01e3187b50c255d648ab15dd3-V.jpg
    image-0-02-08-5ef81497203e61d6afcc4b59056d31f6e6f2bbe01e3187b50c255d648ab15dd3-V.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 557
  • image-0-02-08-0f8f75e246ffd1d64aac1ec6a1208aceff5e58ccd042c7313b0aa6bfa661bec2-V.jpg
    image-0-02-08-0f8f75e246ffd1d64aac1ec6a1208aceff5e58ccd042c7313b0aa6bfa661bec2-V.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 509
  • NSX_Production_Numbers_copy.jpg
    NSX_Production_Numbers_copy.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Lol, the door jambs that have been ripped from the car for pictures in a poorly tiled kitchen...
I am not trying to slam you Montu motors, but your trying to sell a car for 220,000 U.S. Dollars. One needs much more proof than just a set of door sill pics taken while off of the car. Do you not agree?
I would try to source a real type R and post it here. Not some Bosozuku nsx painted championship white.

Last edited:
Agreed. De-Reg papers show 1270kg. This is a genuine NSX-R, extremely molested NSX-R, but it is an NSX-R. You cant cheat the De-Reg papers, Honda and the government of Japan makes them.

We will keep looking for a more OEM NSX-R and let you all know.

Agreed. De-Reg papers show 1270kg. This is a genuine NSX-R, extremely molested NSX-R, but it is an NSX-R. You cant cheat the De-Reg papers, Honda and the government of Japan makes them.

We will keep looking for a more OEM NSX-R and let you all know.
I understand. But the whole allure of a real nsx-r is due to the fact that it is factory tuned. I do not disagree that it is a type r at this point I have not seen any real proof to make that decision yet on it. But, the price tag does, in no way shape or form, reflect the car in it's current state. Either way, I can respect your standpoint on the car and I think more people should be posting here in such a manner to offer JDM cars. But jeez... come on, look at it? You'll never fetch that price for this car.
Anyways, thanks for keeping the thread alive.

Why would one go through the hassles and has to wait for 5 years to get the car? With the price tag, one would happily spend that monies to buy a stinky brand new NSX. Is it collectible? After it is being molested, I will highly doubt any one would pay that price , even 10-20 years from now.

This car is meant to stay in Japan and I would definitely believe no one in the world other than Japan would fetch it. Prove me wrong!

Last edited:
Lol, the door jambs that have been ripped from the car for pictures in a poorly tiled kitchen...
I am not trying to slam you Montu motors, but your trying to sell a car for 220,000 U.S. Dollars. One needs much more proof than just a set of door sill pics taken while off of the car. Do you not agree?
I would try to source a real type R and post it here. Not some Bosozuku nsx painted championship white.

haha I'm slapping my nsx-r sticker on my replica spoiler...

Note that R models are cheaper than regular models at times. I know a Zanardi was $84,000 vs $89,000 for the Targas. It's hard to justify a price increase when the R does not come with a radio, targa top, air conditioning, etc... so what I'm saying is to many people, especially in Japan, it's just a regular car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Back