Honda CR-X successor

Honda CR-Z

bilde

bilde

How interesting that Forrest Granlund, engineer for American Honda, "wished" for a new Honda CR-X in his speech at the NSXPO '07 banquet and PRESTO! we get one!

IMO, its too little, too late.

That of Civic and CRX Si's are not what they use to be. Ever stop by the local high school? Kids nowadays prefer to be papmpered with the likes of G35s and Mitsu. EVOs; Scion TCs is what you drive when your parents punish you. :redface:

I can't think of anything cooler than that at this hour. I so wish they would build that and not change a thing. As long as it's like the last one:

Light, fast, agile and disposable.

I'll take the CR-Z over the ASCC any day of the week. As long as it comes with some sort of Si/Type-R engine, or be able to swap one in, i'll be happy. This would be the perfect daily driver for me.

U-G-L-Y that aint got no alibi...it's UGLY!!!:eek:

Man, I guess after that ASCC disaster anything looks good to some of you...:biggrin:

flame suit on :tongue:

Last edited:
Man, I guess after that ASCC disaster anything looks good to some of you...:biggrin:

That could be :tongue: but, you have to look past the concept car jewelry they put on there and the design school derived cutouts, etc and really look at the shape. It has a nice wedge shape - it's similar to the old CRX, but has evolved. :smile:

Me Likes!

I must say, I have a tendency to pick out a few features I like, and with this it is

A. The big "mouth" grille (GTI)

B. The center exit exhaust (very R32)

In fact, I must echo- this looks like a VW design, but WTH- it appeals to me.

I like this view best...
medium_1522573781_a2b518f16f_o.jpg

P

Last edited:
You guys are crazy, that thing looks nice! The only thing i'd slightly change , would be the grille, other than that it looks great, a true evolution of the CR-X

U-G-L-Y that aint got no alibi...it's UGLY!!!:eek:

Off subject, but what does that line mean? I heard it on Family Guy (where Brian goes to the school dance with Meg), but didn't know what it meant.

Are sport compact cars still selling well in the US? If Honda makes it, I hope they don't set their sales expectations too high.

-Brian.

Honda plans on making it a Hybrid, which I think is pretty cool:smile:

Back