Honda Civics - any thoughts?

I realize it is not an NSX but I just had to post while I am in a state of shock.

My partner's wife died of a heart attack a few years ago and since then the American Heart Association has been doing an annual walk now named after her to raise money. I raised more than $500 which qualified me to a get one of the keys being given out to that level fundraiser for a chance to win a lease for a Civic.

Well guess what - key number 104 out of 147 (mine that is) started the car so now I have to go back in a couple of days to pick it out.

Sometimes I love charities. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Daily driver or sell it and get ready for a sick FI quest!

Thinking of you in a Civic, with the other neat cars you own, makes me smile.

Congratulations Bob. One good turn deserves another!

Re: Wow!

Ojas said:
Congrats! What model and trim level will you pick up: Sedan/Coupe (DX, LX, EX), Si Hatch, or Hybrid Sedan?

I don't know what will be available to me until I meet with the General Manager later this week. I was not able to attend the "key party" at the dealership because of work commitments and found out that I had won when my partner called me from inside the car saying he had picked up my key and it just started. I thought he was kidding and then the General Manager called me to congratulate me. Ironically, you had to be there in person to get your key unless there was a signed proxy which I did not give. However, my partner was allowed to take my key because the walk is in his wife's memory so I guess was extra lucky last night.

Congrats Bob! I cannot think of a more luck worthy individual. I would choose the HYBRID....just to be different!

Cheers-

Nev

Bob, that would be a perfect car for my daughter, I think that in exchange for all the fee's forthcoming, and the referrals that I've given, the least you could do is give the car to an appreciative young woman, I'd even be willing to pay the tax on the car!!! I know that you were thinking of getting your wife a new "truck", I don't think that the Civic will suffice. I know that if you keep it, you'd only "rice it up", so do the right thing, and give it to a deserving young woman, who'd like to become a lawyer too! :biggrin:

Russ said:
Can't wait for the speedo pics.... congrats!

Do you mean like this from my commute to work?

8618214-L.jpg

Bob,

If I get a call from you asking about putting an NSX engine in a Civic I will be worried:).

Later,
LarryB

RPM217 said:
Bob, that would be a perfect car for my daughter, I think that in exchange for all the fee's forthcoming, and the referrals that I've given, the least you could do is give the car to an appreciative young woman, I'd even be willing to pay the tax on the car!!! I know that you were thinking of getting your wife a new "truck", I don't think that the Civic will suffice. I know that if you keep it, you'd only "rice it up", so do the right thing, and give it to a deserving young woman, who'd like to become a lawyer too! :biggrin:

Hey Roger,

Bags seems to disagree with you! She feels that she is more deserving of the Civic because of these reasons (stated by her):

1) She claims she was promised a Civic by LarryG. Then denied by the same LarryG and myself. Your Civic is free so she should have first dibs --- Don't ask me how that feminine logic works:confused:

2) In Bags' exact words, "Bob is mean and bad and has escaped me until now, it's only fair that I get his Civic instead of killing him":smile:

Again I don't understand her logic...
------
Anyway - yes I have made it to India ok. It's 10:10pm here and even after sleeping a few hrs of the day away, I am still tired...

TonyD said:
Hey Roger,

Bags seems to disagree with you! She feels that she is more deserving of the Civic because of these reasons (stated by her):

1) She claims she was promised a Civic by LarryG. Then denied by the same LarryG and myself. Your Civic is free so she should have first dibs --- Don't ask me how that feminine logic works:confused:

2) In Bags' exact words, "Bob is mean and bad and has escaped me until now, it's only fair that I get his Civic instead of killing him":smile:

------
Anyway - yes I have made it to India ok. It's 10:10pm here and even after sleeping a few hrs of the day away, I am still tired...

Tell Bags that I agree with her (surprise, surprise), afterall, I don't want to be responsible for a homicide in Pound Ridge!! If she feels that because Larry G renegged on his promise, and that Bob needs to make good on that promise, and Bob feels that it's his obligation to do so, who am I to stand in the way!!!! Bob, let's see you get out of this one!!!! :eek:

TonyD said:

I disagree. That is the first logical and well-reasoned statement that I have ever heard Bags make. :tongue:

RPM217 said:
Tell Bags that I agree with her (surprise, surprise), afterall, I don't want to be responsible for a homicide in Pound Ridge!! If she feels that because Larry G renegged on his promise, and that Bob needs to make good on that promise, and Bob feels that it's his obligation to do so, who am I to stand in the way!!!! Bob, let's see you get out of this one!!!! :eek:

Sounds good to me and Bags! :smile:

Bob,
I'll be back on the 14th from India. Since it would be best to deliver the car to Georgia on the 18th, let me know when I can come by to pick it up. If that is too soon, I can be flexible and pick it up as late as June 20th. This should give you more than enough time to get me the Civic :biggrin:

BTW - I've taken about 500 photos in the past two days - mostly family stuff, thread ceremony (not that you know what that is :smile: )
Tonight starts the three day wedding event - more pictures to be taken...

You are safe from me now, as the internet won't be available til I return....

From a 15 year old...KEEP THE CIVIC!!!!!! why you ask? because then if you tune it right, it might just beat ur NSX....never know....stuff a KA20A in it and enjoy ur self, heck do a COMPLETE hybrid and put it of lets say a RB26DETT (yea i know thats a Nissan Engine but oh well)

Or, you can give it to me and my friends and we will make the civic uncivilized :tongue:

Or sell it on ebay and say that you won it from a charity and then with that money you put it to charity :smile:

Bob you need a huge 5 zigen fireball exhaust,and ditch the cats,oh and lots of stickers! :biggrin:

docjohn said:
Bob you need a huge 5 zigen fireball exhaust,and ditch the cats,oh and lots of stickers! :biggrin:

I heard every sticker adds at least 5 horsepower!

Bob, If you want to sell that civic im sure 1 of our 3 HONDA stores will have a check waiting :wink:

Just picked it out today - a shoreline mist metallic LX Sedan. Should be ready to be picked up next week (just in time to break it in at Lime Rock next weekend).

Sorry, Roger, I just had to keep it - I'll sell you the next one I win for your daughter. :biggrin:

RSO 34 said:
Just picked it out today - a shoreline mist metallic LX Sedan. Should be ready to be picked up next week (just in time to break it in at Lime Rock next weekend).

Sorry, Roger, I just had to keep it - I'll sell you the next one I win for your daughter. :biggrin:

What happened to the "Hybrid", I thought that you were going the "green route", but not in color!!!! :biggrin:

The Hybrid was considered an upgrade under the rules and a lease on that model made the upcharge not worth it. I don't mind winning a free car that I don't really need but I wouldn't want to have to pay for it. And shoreline mist metallic is more of a champagne/beige type color.

Back