Honda/Acura question

Hugh said:
Honda is in the midst of doing a complete revamping of the corporate structure and image. In the near future all factory race efforts will be done under the Acura name. In fact they already have an ALMS car ready for the new season.
This has been publicly anounced by Acura and you can find the press releases at acuranews.com.

Re-badging the car is a personal choice. The 1st Gen NSX is without a doubt a Honda product and deserves Honda badges. The next one will be sold worldwide as an Acura not just in North America. In fact Acura is now selling cars in the JDM as well as China. They are being very aggressive in promoting the Acura name now, something that was a bit lax in the past.

Honda definitely got the "B" team when it came to the marketing for Acura previously... I'm sure they have learnt from it and they will market it differently this time.

However, what about Formula 1?

And the Indy teams still fly the Honda brand flag in the US where Acura has had a presence for 15 years. Are they now going to change to Acura as well?

TURBO2GO said:
You know Acura is dropping the Integra, right?
"Is"??? They dropped it five years ago! (I guess you just found that out, huh? :tongue: )

TURBO2GO said:
Not many people now consider Acura as being in the same league as Lexus and perhaps Infniti.
Not true. Most people do.

nsxtasy said:
"Is"??? They dropped it five years ago! (I guess you just found that out, huh? :tongue: ).

haha sorry... I meant the RSX. You know what I mean nsxtasy!! why you messin' with me? :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
"Not true. Most people do).

You think so? Not one person I talk to would think that. Lexus to almost everyone I know is now up in "cache" with Mercedes and BMW in many people's eye, Acura, is not. The LF-A is not going to hurt that image at all. I am talking average people... not car enthusiasts...

yeah, as long as acura sells cars as low as the RSX and only as high as the RL (minus the nsx, of course).... it's not going to reach the "luxury" status that lexus or beamer or mercedes have. it has the potential, but the cars don't reflect it.

TURBO2GO said:
haha sorry... I meant the RSX. You know what I mean nsxtasy!! why you messin' with me? :biggrin:

You think so? Not one person I talk to would think that. Lexus to almost everyone I know is now up in "cache" with Mercedes and BMW in many people's eye, Acura, is not. The LF-A is not going to hurt that image at all. I am talking average people... not car enthusiasts...

Ummmmm, I believe that wood be "cachet" :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

TURBO2GO said:
I think the worst of all, is having to go to your local Ford dealer to service your GT. :tongue:

Wow good point!
That brings me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.
Surly they have specialized centers to work on GTs?

Regards,

Patrick

SugrueNSX said:
Wow good point!

Regards,

Patrick

I haven't seen any. They just roll them into the service area and rope off that particular bay. Supposedly only GT trained techs and managers are allowed inside the ropes but what they tell customers and what actually happens in real life is anybody's guess.

SugrueNSX said:
Wow good point!

I don't know why... It's a beautiful car but there's nothing high tech about the GT. I'm sure it's easier to work on than the Mondeo! You'd probably find any Ford mechanic who retired back in the 70's would be able to find his way around it in no time!

The only reason to have a different service centre is so you could get a nicer cup of coffee and didn't rub shoulders with the plebs!

SugrueNSX said:
Wow good point!

Regards,

Patrick

well.... honda in japan had it right until a lil while ago..... there were 3 "types" of dealerships (verno, clio, primo), until recently - now you can get any honda serviced at the same dealer. they're still dubbed their previous names though.... i duno what's up with that

maybe all that is in preparation for the acura brand in fall 08.... but that's a while away

Back