Honda/Acura day-Englishtown 8/12

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Hey you guys better try and make this meet on river road in edgewater NJ...... going to be over 60 exotics there and cruise afterwards... thread is on Fchat and I have a post up here also .

Sorry......I'm not showing up with my CRX :( No matter how much money I put into her or how fast she is those dudes just won't understand. I'll go when I get my NSX again.

jadkar said:
Sorry......I'm not showing up with my CRX :( No matter how much money I put into her or how fast she is those dudes just won't understand. I'll go when I get my NSX again.

Come on up with the TL

Not everyone is planning on going on the drive and I can tell you that there are plenty of other makes there which dont fit the profile but as long as you are not cruising the parking lot no one will know what you are driving.

Well I just got back from Honda Day at English Town and it was pretty interesting. Some really shady people there and a lot of Civics with Lambo doors :(

Overall Mike and I did pretty good. Mike took home the 1st place trophy for Acura "other". Other because there was no class for NSX. My CRX took home 3rd place for Honda "other". Other because if you didn't have a Civic, Accord, Prelude your were considered "other".

I was very happy because my car was really not built to be a "show" car, hell I just got back from a track event at Pocono this past Tuesday :)

I decided not to run the CRX in the Honda challenge because I just got back from the track and I'm going to the Glen the first week in September. I wanted to give my baby some time off.

We also saw the King of Bling, Winreboot, and some of my Tuner-Junction buddies. Other than me getting sunburned REALLY bad it was a good day:(

we have a winner!!
dsc08439lr8.jpg

serious honda yayas on display!!

civictyperNEWblack.gif

So John did you run the quarter mile?

docjohn said:
So John did you run the quarter mile?

No I didn't, after driving roughly 120 miles on the North Course this past Tuesday I wanted to give my baby a little bit of a break. Especially since I'm going to the Glen in September.

I ran it last month though. She's actually not that good on the 1/4. Zero traction :( My best time was 13.2 @109mph. That run was starting in 2nd gear :eek: because I have no traction in first and I was bouncing off the rev limiter while crossing the finish line (4th gear tops out at 109mph).

I was told by many 1/4 mile freaks :) that if I tossed some slicks on to solve my traction problems and then start in first I should be in the low 12s, but the 1320' is not my game :wink:

However, when I drove on Tuesday at Pocono I ran everyone in my run group down :) The car performed unbelievably. During the second session I had Gene in the passenger seat and Peter was instructing a 89ish Ford Mustang 5.0 LX. I lapped that car 3 times!! Undoubtedly the guy wasn't driving the car all out but still, to be able to lap someone 3 times was pretty damn nice :D Later I had at least a dozen people stop by my car in the paddock. They were inspecting it while shaking their head in amazement. I had a particular 911 driver tell me that when I passed him he had to take a double take because he couldn't believe he was being passed so fast by a CRX :) I basically heard the same stuff from many drivers that day. All in all I would say the car felt much faster than when you and I were out there with my 1998 NSX (although this FWD car drives completely different than the NSX).

Last edited:
Back