Honda/Acura day-Englishtown 8/12

Anyone else going? I took the day off of work and it should be a blast. 1/4 racing, Auto X, car show, vendor displays... Im looking forward to it! Come along.:biggrin:

Went to it long ago,Once is enough.As I remember, it is a well attended event.I spent most of my time waiting in line to race:frown:

docjohn said:
Went to it long ago,Once is enough.As I remember, it is a well attended event.I spent most of my time waiting in line to race:frown:

ya gotta get there early:wink: Im into the Sport compact car crowd, i.e Type R's, SI's, S2000's...so for me, I love it.

I was going to attend but i doubt i'll be able to make this one.

I'm going :) and I'm going to enter my car in the Auto-X & 1/4 mile contest. I heard I may have a chance this year because in order to be considered you have to be running BFGs (which I am) and you can't switch your tires for Auto-X and 1/4 mile. The tires you have are the tires you have to run for both events. So I'm hoping for a good chance. My car is not the fastest Honda in the world but it's really setup for road course so it should do well in both events....... we'll see

jadkar said:
I'm going :) and I'm going to enter my car in the Auto-X & 1/4 mile contest. I heard I may have a chance this year because in order to be considered you have to be running BFGs (which I am) and you can't switch your tires for Auto-X and 1/4 mile. The tires you have are the tires you have to run for both events. So I'm hoping for a good chance. My car is not the fastest Honda in the world but it's really setup for road course so it should do well in both events....... we'll see

Love it!:biggrin:

Good luck w/the run jadkar!

Would have def. gone. But my garage Queen is currently getting turned into a beast by our friend LARRY B:biggrin:

PAUL M said:
Would have def. gone. But my garage Queen is currently getting turned into a beast by our friend LARRY B:biggrin:

So what does that mean? You cant hang out with some old friends? Plus, its my birthday. 27, im getting old:eek:

You are only getting old physically Mike :rolleyes: Have a Happy Birthday!

Best of luck to Jadkar. She is a beautiful beast and deserves to win!

nsxtacey said:
mike, this must be really important for you to take off work :tongue:

I was taking off anyways but it should be a sick time.

omeganorm said:
i owuld like to go, when does this thing start ? I dont see anything on the site when this thing starts.

I'm wondering the same thing. I was going to call Mike and try and hook up with him since we were gonna park next to each other anyway. I figure we have to meet up a head of time because I heard this thing gets jammed!!!

The Kid said:
So what does that mean? You cant hang out with some old friends? Plus, its my birthday. 27, im getting old:eek:

Hey Happy bday. 27 damn. enjoy it Its goes damn fast.
Im actually in lock down. The kids are due anyday now.

Let us know your 1/4 mile times. It should be a fun day!

winreboot said:
I'll be there, where you guys are meeting up?

Dave

I going out to NYC tonight and am assuming a 4 am stubble home, so I think 5 hours of sleep should cut it. Say 9 am. We can meet up at my house or at the East Brunswick sqaure mall, I live right off RT 18 and ill take you guys the back way to E TOWN. No traffic and no lines. They say this event is supposed to be the biggest of the year.

nsxtacey said:
i'll be in the city tonight too...9a.m. is too early, i vote for 10ish :smile:

we are actually meeting up at 8:30 am now:frown: Im a pro with the power nap. No worries:wink:

nsxtacey said:
why so early? what time does it start and end?

It's been announced that the gates are openning up at 8:00AM and the trend every year is super long lines!!

nsxtacey said:
so everyone is meeting at the e.b. mall at 8:30?

John's coming to my house at 8:30ish. We are showing our cars but if your not you can get there by 10 and be okay. Call me tonight, ill be in NYC as well.

Hey you guys better try and make this meet on river road in edgewater NJ...... going to be over 60 exotics there and cruise afterwards... thread is on Fchat and I have a post up here also .

Back