Holy crap!

marshall: "you want me to try to take out his tire with my pistol?"
barney: "take him out marshall, take him out marshall"
dispatch: "you are clear on that 1080"

wtf?? is shooting your pistol on a freeway with traffic standard procedure??

By the way, shooting at a moving car was strictly banned (where I worked). That being said, I guess if it was justifiable to use deadly force (kill the jerk) then I guess that rule sort of means nothing-unless you hit an innocent bystander. Here, I do not believe the shooting (of the car) was justified and had some innocent party been hit.....wow, that would be a lot of zeros on the check.

glad to see the perp used his turn signal to safely exit the lane after his tires had been taken out. listening to the audio, it warmed my heart a bit to hear a touch of southern drawl, not completely unlike:

Attachments

• deputy dawg.jpg
    deputy dawg.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 41
NSX handles great! jk'
Im glad they caught that asshole.

I'm amazed they continued pursuit, much less fired on the car, in all that traffic. That chase/stop worked out a lot better than it might have.

Thats the same NSX from a few months back that when the news showed the chase the reporter described it as a hundred thousand dollar sports car. :biggrin:

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7602564

KLTV7 NEWS QUOTE:
"It started as routine traffic stop on Highway 80 near Hallsville. 22-year old Eric Kerns was behind the wheel of A 1996 Acura NSX-T, valued at over $100,000. But this wasn't Kerns personal ride. He allegedly stole the car from a body shop in Osage City, Kansas.

'The vehicle is high performance. It will go much faster than 140 miles per hour. But with traffic and everything, it slowed Kerns down. He was actually headed to Florida, he was going to race the vehicle for money,'said Cindy Dowler, Investigator for the Harrison County Sheriff's Department."

:biggrin:

"He's not pulling away but he's trying"
"He dosn't have enough to outrun me but he's not stopping"
"Speed... 145"

Couldn't out-run a Crown Vic... :rolleyes:

Despite the speeded up video it seemed obvious the NSX had a big acceleration advantage, but that's an inconsistent advantage in traffic.

The NSX was definitely dusting him when the roads cleared. The cops only caught up to it in traffic. "he's not pulling away" ....what was this guy smoking??!!

Classic video.
Anybody know what wing that is? Is that iatuner's jgtc style? I can't tell.

hmmmm, think I need more horsepower........

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what the cop was driving that the NSX could not pull away up to 145 mph?

The other thing I find odd is that right after the officer reports speeds over 120 mph he wants to shoot out the tire. Wouldn't that put innocent people at high risk as that is on a major highway and the car would most likely go out of control?

Back