Hit and run...or vandalism? Help with repairs

Last night sucked for me. Parked my pristine '02 Spa Yellow NSX in what I believed to be a safe place and when I came out of the restaurant, I discovered broken glass on the ground. After an moment of disbelief, I saw that someone had assaulted her :frown: The passenger side headlight was busted out and the bumper area around it was gouged:

25u368o.jpg

To me, it looked like a strategic blow with a baseball bat or such, but the police found scrapes in the paint that made them file it as a hit and run. Either way, my baby is hurting. My question to you DFW Primers is, who is a good qualified body shop in the Plano/Richardson area? I've heard that the Spa yellow is a tough paint to match. Does anyone have a good recommendation for me? Thanks

Wade

Last edited:
Sorry to hear :( I just about teared up imagining something like this ever happening to mine. Good thing it doesnt look bad at all. New headlight and fix the body parts and realign everything. Looks like an SUV backed up into your car.

Sorry to hear :( I just about teared up imagining something like this ever happening to mine. Good thing it doesnt look bad at all. New headlight and fix the body parts and realign everything. Looks like an SUV backed up into your car.

Thanks for the sympathy. I just ran it by McDavid Acura for their opinion and they said the bumper cover would need to be replaced as well as the headlight of course. They thought it looked more like vandalism too. Before I cleaned it up, the crunched in area of the light looked like a cylinder had hit it (a baseball bat maybe?). I hope whoever does the work can match the paint. I want.her to be as beautiful as before :)

banana-in-the-tail'pipe...

Last night sucked for me. Parked my pristine '02 Spa Yellow NSX in what I believed to be a safe place and when I came out of the restaurant, I discovered broken glass on the ground. After an moment of disbelief, I saw that someone had assaulted her :frown: The passenger side headlight was busted out and the bumper area around it was gouged...

To me, it looked like a strategic blow with a baseball bat or such, but the police found scrapes in the paint that made them file it as a hit and run...
Before I cleaned it up, the crunched in area of the light looked like a cylinder had hit it (a baseball bat maybe?)...
It's plausible it was an exhaust tail-pipe from another vehicle errant-ly reversing into your NSX. A baseball-bat + restaurant-parking seems a bit too odd, especially considering the extent of the damage (or there lack'off).

I've had front-bumper resprays by the Austin-area David McDavid Acura Collision/Repair Center, their work is solid. But, be ready to accept: some initial orange-peel, which can be wet-sanded/polished later; slight difference in hue of the repainted bumper to the hood & fenders (unless panels are blended), though the bumper will eventually match as the new repainted finish will fade/age in due time to match old '02 paint-finish panels.

Zammmmm!Try checking to see if there is any carmea in the parking lot maybe you can catch who did this.I would :wink:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your incident, hope you get here back to where she was at! You can try dickers collisions in garland. My brother got his s2000 done there and I've seen a few other nsxers go through there. They did a pretty nice job with his car.

972-276-8525

Thanks for all the advice (and sympathy) everyone :smile: Those are some good shops to check out. I'm in no great hurry so I'm going to take my time and find the place that I am most comfortable with.

I spoke with the police last night about video and they said that while there are signs posted around the lot saying there is video surveillance, there actually is not. Placebo signs I guess.

The police said it looked like a trailer hitch might have struck my car (and maybe they are right because there is no damage below the headlight level) but I had a median one one side and a curb on the other so someone would have had to jump concrete to hit it at that angle. Oh well, the damage is done so now it just needs to be fixed. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

That pic nearly skipped my heart a beat or 2, are you near frisco tx? If yes I know a good shop in that area that was used in the past

That pic nearly skipped my heart a beat or 2, are you near frisco tx? If yes I know a good shop in that area that was used in the past

Yes, actually I am very near Frisco in Allen. I searched but couldn't find a thread on the Frisco body shop. Also, under the flourescent lighting of my garage, I just noticed that the corner of the hood nearest the headlight is slightly tweaked so that will have to be fixed too :frown: Dammit.

:eek: When you find out name of the perpetrators you let me know. I have some Army friends, that know some people, that know some people that hurt people really badly.

On the bright side, the damage could have been worse and is repairable. Having seen the car in person, I almost feel like a victim too!

BTW still looking for my perfect 2002 NSX but in the mean time I picked up a 95 Supra 6spd Targa. A moddest 740hp =) You can roll in that till she's all fixed up. No worries Wade, Texas 'primers got your back!

:eek: When you find out name of the perpetrators you let me know. I have some Army friends, that know some people, that know some people that hurt people really badly.

On the bright side, the damage could have been worse and is repairable. Having seen the car in person, I almost feel like a victim too!

BTW still looking for my perfect 2002 NSX but in the mean time I picked up a 95 Supra 6spd Targa. A moddest 740hp =) You can roll in that till she's all fixed up. No worries Wade, Texas 'primers got your back!

Thanks Jason. I think I'm going to have to rely on Karma to get the perps. I spoke to the manager of the restaurant today and they do run video surveillance but their cameras didn't see far out enough to get my car. Congrats on the Supra! Bring it out to C&C and show it off :biggrin:

that sucks, i just washed my car and noticed someone had hit my rear and cracked the paint. i have no clue when this happened as it wasn't as noticeable as yours.

Wade: I'm very sorry to hear about this. :-(

Funny thing...were you driving on Legacy just west of I-75...heading west this morning around 8:20am?

I was in my white NSX following John in his silver heading east towards Allen when we passed you. We were on our way to New Concepts Autowerks (6800 K Avenue, Plano, TX 75074-2557 * (972) 578-1220) to drop off John's NSX for a roof paint to match the body (for an "updated" look he wants). Thomas is the owner.

John has had 4-5 cars done there and swears by them & their quality. They specialize in high-line cars...like Stuart's, but MUCH closer to you. Check them out.

Stuart's is good, but they can take a VERY...VERY...VERY long time to do the work.

I can also recommend 4M Body Works (634 South Kealy Avenue, Lewisville, TX 75057 * (972) 219-0349). Jano or Raffi (brothers) own the place and are very involved with the local Ferrari scene.

Oh yeah...in case it was vandals, what's the name of the restaurant and / or city area I need to avoid? :D

Wade: I'm very sorry to hear about this. :-(

Funny thing...were you driving on Legacy just west of I-75...heading west this morning around 8:20am?

I was in my white NSX following John in his silver heading east towards Allen when we passed you. We were on our way to New Concepts Autowerks (6800 K Avenue, Plano, TX 75074-2557 * (972) 578-1220) to drop off John's NSX for a roof paint to match the body (for an "updated" look he wants). Thomas is the owner.

John has had 4-5 cars done there and swears by them & their quality. They specialize in high-line cars...like Stuart's, but MUCH closer to you. Check them out.

Stuart's is good, but they can take a VERY...VERY...VERY long time to do the work.

I can also recommend 4M Body Works (634 South Kealy Avenue, Lewisville, TX 75057 * (972) 219-0349). Jano or Raffi (brothers) own the place and are very involved with the local Ferrari scene.

Oh yeah...in case it was vandals, what's the name of the restaurant and / or city area I need to avoid? :D
Yeah George - that was me :) I was coming from the State Farm claims office in Allen and heading to Stuarts. Can't believe I didn't see you guys! Fortunate the oem bumper and hood can be fixed :) Need a new headlight of course. Thanks for the shop tips but Stuarts has already ordered parts and supplies. I'm willing to wait for a perfect fix. They were working on an Aventador while I was there so I felt confident going with them.

I was at Hooters in Plano when the incident occurred. Been going there for years with no probs so I guess my time was just up :(

Yeah George - that was me :) I was coming from the State Farm claims office in Allen and heading to Stuarts. Can't believe I didn't see you guys! Fortunate the oem bumper and hood can be fixed :) Need a new headlight of course. Thanks for the shop tips but Stuarts has already ordered parts and supplies. I'm willing to wait for a perfect fix. They were working on an Aventador while I was there so I felt confident going with them.

I was at Hooters in Plano when the incident occurred. Been going there for years with no probs so I guess my time was just up :(

Don't get me wrong, Stuart, Doug, & their crew do an AWESOME job...BUT, they do have a rep for taking longer than some prefer. They handled my Ferrari and I've seen NSXs there before. You're in good hands for sure.

Too funny....you had just crossed Alma & we were just about to cross it when we all passed...all of us were in the far left lanes. Maybe your coffee hadn't kicked in yet. :)

I'd like to see your Prelude this weekend at C&C, but I'll be in Austin for the Cupcake Meet 12 (http://www.ccmeets.com/#/Home-01-00/)...with a stop-by at Austin Cars & Coffee on Sunday.

I'll have to catch it another time....

Back