High driveway

I have a high drive way and I'm planning to lower my NSX soon. I scrap sometimes going up and down of my steep driveway entrance. Any advises or tricks?! Thanks in advance

I like this guy's idea

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 214
well you have to go up and down in an angle, if you haven't already. i can come by and try to conquer the driveway if you like... i live in HB and mine is lowered.

I scrape a little bit almost every time I enter/exit my driveway, been doing it for 7 years now. The hell of it is, there is a *perfect* angle where it doesn't scrape. It's just so small that I only hit it once every 10 times or so. Every other time, scrape. :(

Reminds me, it's about time to order a new front spoiler.

yeah I agree with Skippy, if you hit the car at a small angle you will never hit.
if you steer the car straight on you will scrap every time. or to fast has the same effect.

I'd assume the OP knows how to tackle a steep driveway at an angle already, fairly common knowledge for anyone that drives a sportscar, no?

There are many places even driving at an angle won't prevent scraping, those evil v-shaped driveways are the worst. My solution is the VRH System from Ravi.

never assume a person knows the basics.

As a computer consultant I know this all to well.

if it's just the curb giving you a hard time,
try sand bags to fill in the "drop"

This. Driveway curb bridge from Griot's Garage. /thread

69040_FAM

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/curb+bridge.do?sortby=ourPicks

Or, if you want to go cheap:

Buy a 6 foot length of 2x8. Cut a 45 degree angle the full length on both edges. Works great as a permanent solution on sight. You can even spray it the color of the curb or driveway.

To make one portable would be you cut it in half. Then you will have 2 3' pieces to carry with you at all times.

go reallll slow,so slow you're barely moving

Or, if you want to go cheap:

Buy a 6 foot length of 2x8. Cut a 45 degree angle the full length on both edges. Works great as a permanent solution on sight. You can even spray it the color of the curb or driveway.

To make one portable would be you cut it in half. Then you will have 2 3' pieces to carry with you at all times.

My neighbor did this... First heavy rain, it floated down the road!

See if the city will provide a driveway ramp instead of the curb. Here, you can get the city to replace the existing curb with a level driveway entrance, and you pay for it over 20 years on your taxes.

Last edited:
well you have to go up and down in an angle, if you haven't already. i can come by and try to conquer the driveway if you like... i live in HB and mine is lowered.

I appreciated, but I have angled every time and I still scrap sometimes. Imagine my car lowered even more, I'll scrape all the time 100% hahahah

I'd assume the OP knows how to tackle a steep driveway at an angle already, fairly common knowledge for anyone that drives a sportscar, no?

There are many places even driving at an angle won't prevent scraping, those evil v-shaped driveways are the worst. My solution is the VRH System from Ravi.

I did angled, trust

Last edited:
I just fill up that "canyon-of-a-gap" with cement at night (so no one sees me) and through some dirt on the top to "age" the cement so that it looks like it's "been" there for decades.

no issues so far. :biggrin:

HAHAHA that's gangsta! Wish I could do that; Huntington Beach is really anal about their streets and you can't do anything to it unless you ask for a permit....

Back