High Clutch on NSXs?

I've just started searching for an early year NSX. (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42487)

I've driven three (91/68k miles, 92/58k miles, 94/58k miles). I know the 91 had a new clutch installed within the last 9k miles. The clutch felt very light on the two cars with older clutches...and a bit stiffer on the 91. From searching the board, it seems that a 'light' clutch is normal.

But, all three clutches seemed to engage near the top (i.e. have very high friction/catch point).

Is this normal? Can this be adjusted so that it catches near the floor rather than at the top? My reference is an E36 M3...which has its catch point closer to the floor...

Last edited:
I think you will have a hard time finding an NSX that catches near the floor. Mine catches about 3/4 of the way out, as does every other Honda that I have driven.

Good luck

What about the rod with the 10mm nut on it?

I have a brand new OEM clutch with less than a thousand miles on it now.

engages at 3/4 to the top.... also interested in if there is an adjustment..

The adjustment is not enough to matter. As long as you don't slip the clutch much, it will last a long time. You just have to get used the the unusual engagement point.

S.L.

Actually, its better for your clutch, to have your engagementpoint at 3/4.
When you push the clutch in, your clutch will be absolutely fully disangaged, so there is no wear at all.

Back