Hi, I'm new

Hello everyone, as you can see, I am new here, and I would like to especially thank the one who helped me register (whose name i forgot) and i wouldn't be here without his help. Please do not flame me because of my name with the "Prelude" part in it. The only drawback here is that I can't drive my NSX to any of the meets. The NSX is pretty damn rare where i live too, I've only seen 2 diff. ones in real life.
016m.jpg

Welcome!

Rare? In Sunnyvale?
confused.gif

Don't worry about the Prelude moniker. Many of us owned other Honda models previous to our NSX, and many of us still do!

Welcome. I used to have a '92 'lude and wish I had a big enough garage, I would have kept it. Most of us on this board are proud of our Honda heritage, I presently have an NSX, an S2000, a Accord coupe and an MDX.

Originally posted by Prelude Gundam:
Thanks guys, I hope that I will be able to meet a couple of NSXers in my area, after all, I've never seen an NSX up close before.

Better yet, you're welcome to attend our south bay NSX chapter monthly club lunches. You'll get an eyeful of many NSXs. Our next club luncheon is Sept. 7th at the Macaroni Grill in Milpitas (McCarthy Marketplace). We'll also be having a DynoDay the following week. Details can be seen on the club website at http://northwest.nsxca.org.

Vytas

There are already four members of the NSX Club of America in Sunnyvale. Hyuan would make five (hint, hint). And that doesn't even count the three in Mountain View, the six in Santa Clara, the two in Cupertino, the eighteen in San Jose, or the rest of the 172 members in northern California.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 August 2002).]

Thanks for the info. guys, I'll probably come and meet some of you guys in the near future, I don't think I'd have the time to come to a meet at this time of month, but I'll try and manage to go sometime.

This is the part that I still don't understand:

"The only drawback here is that I can't drive my NSX to any of the meets."

Why not, or did I miss something . . .

I am with everyone else on this: "The NSX is pretty damn rare where i live too" Ya' just gotta know where to look. They are out there, I promise.
smile.gif
Kevin

Gundam......sweet!!!

Are you both Gundam fans? I'm only just beginning to watch the various series now that they're on DVD (my best friend - who drives a Integra Type R - is a long time Gundam fan, as is one of my coworkers...and both have TONS of Gundam toys and models).

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by khiroshima:
This is the part that I still don't understand:

I am with everyone else on this: "The NSX is pretty damn rare where i live too" Ya' just gotta know where to look. They are out there, I promise.
smile.gif
Kevin

And getting more rare every day!

Kevin, your avatar is too much!!!

Originally posted by akira3d:
Are you both Gundam fans? I'm only just beginning to watch the various series now that they're on DVD (my best friend - who drives a Integra Type R - is a long time Gundam fan, as is one of my coworkers...and both have TONS of Gundam toys and models).

I wouldn't say I'm a real big Gundam fan. I just really like Anime Mechas. I didn't find out about Gundam until the early 90s, and by then, there was already a number of Gundam timelines out there, and I wouldn't have known where to start. Plus, I couldn't find tapes/toys/books/etc. on it. I'm really an old school Anime fan like Macross, Yamato, and Giant Robots (like Gaiking, Combattler, Grendizer, etc.).

Boy, and I glad they're making a bunch of old school anime toys now.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Hey, I was thinking that if a couple of you guys had AOL or AIM, maybe we can chat every once in a while, so feel free to put your screen names down if you have one.

I like to chat. My screen name is Mike928pa on AIM. (left over from my Porsche days)

Whats yours?

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

I'm really an old school Anime fan like Macross, Yamato,

Hey, that's like me! I grew up a huge Starblazers and Robotech fan but never saw any versions of Gundam until my coworker introduced Stardust Memory to me roughly seven years ago.

I even have a few Macross toys sitting on my desk at work (a Korean knockoff of Miriya's VF-1J, Bandai's Macross 7 Stealth Fighter and Macross Production Type VF-1A, and Yamato's VF-1S from the Macross feature film).

I can't wait to get my hands on Yamato's Strike Valkyrie and the 1:48 scale VF-1S!

I've been wanting to pick up that electronic Starship Yamato...just haven't been willing to pay $200 for it!

What's his username on honda-tech.com?[/qoute]

I don't know if he frequents that site.

Akira3D, I would never have guesed you like anime!
wink.gif
Why haven't you used your "special skill" to make a screen saver of a JGTC NSX transforming into a gun toting mech?

Hey, I was thinking that if a couple of you guys had AOL or AIM, maybe we can chat every once in a while, so feel free to put your screen names down if you have one.

There is a chat function on this site - see the link at the top of the page! It is a little under-utilized but a few are trying to stimulate its use.
Best advice (to all!!!) is log in, then if no-one is there, set the preferences using "controls" & "settings" tabs to beep when log in or exit & continue reading the forum and you'll get a beep when someone joins. I'm convinced there are many people who check it but don't stay when there is no-one currently there.

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 06 September 2002).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
Hey, that's like me! I grew up a huge Starblazers and Robotech fan but never saw any versions of Gundam .....

I even have a few Macross toys sitting on my desk at work (a Korean knockoff of Miriya's VF-1J, Bandai's Macross 7 Stealth Fighter and Macross Production Type VF-1A, and Yamato's VF-1S from the Macross feature film).

I can't wait to get my hands on Yamato's Strike Valkyrie and the 1:48 scale VF-1S!

I've been wanting to pick up that electronic Starship Yamato...just haven't been willing to pay $200 for it!

Sounds just like me. I too am waiting for that 1/48 Yamato VF-1. The 1/60 Strike Valkyries looks good. I saw some displays at a store in Hawaii last week.

I have the SOC Yamato, but I didn't pay $200 for it. I got lucky on a eBay auction and paid low $100.
biggrin.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Originally posted by Juice:
Akira3D, I would never have guesed you like anime!
wink.gif
Why haven't you used your "special skill" to make a screen saver of a JGTC NSX transforming into a gun toting mech?
Apparently someone did make a VW Beetle transform into a machine gun toting TRANSFORMER (kinda like Optimus Prime-but uglier
wink.gif
) I'll see if I can find a link to it. I'll be right back....
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 08 September 2002).]

Originally posted by sabashioyaki:
Check out the recent Evangelion and Escaflowne series, incredible animation. You can find the DVD sets on Ebay for about $100.

I dunno what it is with Evangelion, but the series failed to capture my interest. Sorry to say this but I thought the series' plot was too generic after watching the first 6 episodes.
frown.gif
But I did find the storyboard (i.e., like directing/camera angle shots) very refreshing and dare I say this-revolutionary- for a TV series.
smile.gif

Escaflowne, now that's a show that I should've watched a long time ago BUT never did, even til now. Being a big time fan of Shoji Kawamori's works since 1983 on (He was responsible for mecha design and story telling of shows like Macross and Gundam Star Dust Memories), I don't do him any justice as a fan to have missed the show.

On original/mid-late 80's 1/55th scale Valkyries by Bandai and Takatoku:
Can anyone remember these things were going for as high as over $2000 MINT (as in C-10) on ebay not too long ago, before the re-production of valkyries of recent years, which now runs in the $70-90 range? Never underestimate the power of supply vs. demand...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 08 September 2002).]

Back