Hi, I am new!

E.I.? E.I.? Oh!

Like I've never heard that one before.

As for Spielberg, I have shaken his hand, but I did not see A.I.

Let's see how far off topic this conversation can get. Did I mention I went for a ride in a Porsche 911 GT2 during my lunchbreak yesterday?

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 August 2002).]

THAT is interesting!
biggrin.gif

I went on a drive both with a GT3 and with a GT2 (996 based) and I was very impressed by them. The regular 996 instead feels slow as our not boosted NSXs...
wink.gif

Anyway I do not like the "low-profile" look of ALL 996, GT2 included, over the NSX. It is not exotic enough...

How did you find the ride in the GT2?

I went on a drive both with a GT3 and with a GT2 (996 based) and I was very impressed by them. The regular 996 instead feels slow as our not boosted NSXs...
wink.gif

Well, the 2002 GT2 feels extremely fast. I don't think I've ridden in anything that accelerates faster. It's also pretty harsh...super stiff suspension. Definitely not a car I'd live with as a daily driver. Now I'm wondering if my boss will ever let me drive her.
biggrin.gif

Anyway I do not like the "low-profile" look of ALL 996, GT2 included, over the NSX. It is not exotic enough...

Agreed. For looks, the only Porsche I truly love is the upcoming 2003 Carrera GT (if only I had the money). I've never been much of a fan of the 911...though I can't deny that there is a coolness factor to the GT2. Of course, nothing will ever make me give up my NSX!
tongue.gif

__hr_AkiraNSX-RubinGT2.jpg

__hr_rubingt2-backquarter-600.jpg

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 02 August 2002).]

Originally posted by akira3d:
...Let's see how far off topic this conversation can get. Did I mention I went for a ride in a Porsche 911 GT2 during my lunchbreak yesterday?

Fine, but if you want to get way off topic...what did you have for lunch?
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Let's see how far off topic this conversation can get.

When I first played a round of golf, I shot a 123. That was ten years ago. It took a long time, but I eventually shot my best score of 78. My best nine (not that same round) was 36. Because I play with my NSX (oops, slightly back on topic
smile.gif
) more than I should, I am not playing as much golf. I now shoot mid 80s.

For more off topic stuff, I will be fixing my dishwasher tomorrow.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by ilya:
Well... I'm not an Akira, but I am a
Kurosawa fan. Am I the only one that
loved Rashomon... or even heard of it.
wink.gif

That was a great movie, by the way. My friend is a Kurosawa freak (he wants to be Asian). Seven Samurai is great, too.

Well, the 2002 GT2 feels extremely fast. I don't think I've ridden in anything that accelerates faster.

I must remind you of Gerry Johnsons NSX that you rode in just a few weeks ago!
PS You know what they say, the second thing that goes is the memory.

Back