Hi, I am new!

Hi guys, I am new here. I don't have NSX yet, but I will have it in the future. I fell in love with NSX ever since it first came out. My first car was Honda Prelude, and now I have Honda S2000. So I am slowly moving up the Honda tree.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Akira:
Hi guys, I am new here. I don't have NSX yet, but I will have it in the future. I fell in love with NSX ever since it first came out. My first car was Honda Prelude, and now I have Honda S2000. So I am slowly moving up the Honda tree.
smile.gif

Akira3D is not gonna be too happy about your handle.
biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard!

Looks like you are well on your way to being an NSX owner!

Another Akira, eh? That just doesn't seem right... Are you actually an Akira (like me)? A fan of the anime (like me)? Or perhaps a Kurosawa fan (like me)? I'm not changing my username...it's on my license plate too.
biggrin.gif

Cool that you have an S2000. I almost bought one when they first came out (had heard nothing about S2Ks when I stumbled upon two on the dealership floor while my wife's Civic was getting an oil change). but rightly figured it would slow my progress towards my dream car.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Well, Ilya, I've certainly heard of Rashomon...been meaning to see it for quite some time. To be honest, I've only seen three of his films...Seven Samurai (have the Criterion DVD), Ran, and Hidden Fortress. Must add to my Kurosawa DVD collection...it's way too small.

On an unrelated note...Ilya, are ya getting much sleep these days?

Actually, I'm sleeping fairly well. It's not as bad as it seems. Of course, I'm not the one who has to wake up and feed him all the time since I don't lactate particularly well.

Run, don't walk to the video store. At least rent a copy of Rashomon. IMO, it is by far the best film ever made regarding perception of reality. I've seen most of his stuff and it's one of my favorite. Find some time and see it. You'll thank me.
biggrin.gif

Hey there Akira3d! Yes my real name is Yamada Akira, born in Tokyo.
smile.gif
But I do like the anime "Akira" also, I have it on DVD. Anyways I am waiting for the new NSX. It's due in 2004 right? I can't wait. (I hope I can save enough money by then.)

Hey there Akira3d! Yes my real name is Yamada Akira, born in Tokyo.

I guess that would make you more of an "Akira" than me! My full name is Eric Akira Iwasaki...I'm U.S. born and only half Japanese (Akira is my paternal grandfather's name too...and he was born in Japan).

I usually go by Eric, but always use akira3d online. I've tried to get my coworkers to call me Akira (since there's another Erick at my workplace), but nobody believes that I'm really an Akira. Instead, they call me "E.I.". Frustrating!

But I do like the anime "Akira" also, I have it on DVD.

And what a beautiful DVD it is.

Hey Ilya, I'm guessing by your recent posts that you're still among the NSX owners...am I right?
tongue.gif

Yes, I still am. There are always a couple people interested so I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

Since there will be plenty of extra dough with the rolling mortgage gone, I plan to use some of it for racing. Mainly, it will open up the chance to do some karting every month or so which should be fun. It will have to do until I can pick up another.

I watched the anime akira too but I cant understand it..

I'm a Kurosawa fan too.. but I'm a greater fan of his grand-daughter.. Kurosawa Yuu..
I like her so much when I was still at Japan.. even till now...

hey Ilya, congrats on your new bundle of joy. Just wait until the bundle starts to develop own 'sense of smell'
smile.gif

smart move on the breastfeeding thing. i didnt realize the REAL benefit of breastfeeding until my WIFE was getting up in the middle of the night. (i dont lactate so well either)

any other fathers out there with little ones running around?

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I watched the anime akira too but I cant understand it..

I'm a Kurosawa fan too.. but I'm a greater fan of his grand-daughter.. Kurosawa Yuu..
I like her so much when I was still at Japan.. even till now...

Ditto for me too. I guess I'm too shallow to understand it. However I will check out Rashamon, since all of the Anime fans whom I've talked to had good things to say about it.

For new Anime. u should watch

Giant Robo
Shin Getter Robo
NEO Getter robo
MazinKaiser
Gundam Wing Endless waltz
Mobile Suit Gundam Char's counter strike
Berserk

You can get these titles easily at best buy etc

Well, this thread started by an NSX fan introducing him and subsequent posts of "welcome / come hang out". But then the discussion morphed into something about words that have nothing to do with the NSX. Admin(s), time to move this to "Off Topics"?

True, it is one of the post with more different off-topic stuff in it!
wink.gif

1. New owner and welcomes (In-Topic)
2. Users names vs Real names
3. S2000: what a nice car!
4. Japanese names (with parents details!)
wink.gif

5. Kurosawa's movies
6. Childs, wifes and breastfeeding
biggrin.gif

7. "E.I.? E.I.?" joke nobody understood, except Zanardi 50
8. Cars for sale (I know of a person with a white NSX in L.A. if somebody is interseted)
9. Anime, what a fine art
10. Compalining about off topic: a fine art too!
11. Making list of off topic arguments (whila paid by my company...
wink.gif
)

12. Discussion of the difficulty of recognizing references that are commonly understood in one culture but not another.

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
7. "E.I.? E.I.?" joke nobody understood, except Zanardi 50

I suspect that almost everyone in the United States understood this joke. Here, most young children sing a song called "Old McDonald Had a Farm", to which the joke refers. Click here to see lyrics and hear music.

Probably is not common in Michigan too
wink.gif

Nice song btw!
biggrin.gif

E.I., E.I. ...

(I tried to understand what the last & bad Spielberg's movie had to do with the Eric!)

PS: speaking about movies is not enlarging the list
frown.gif

Oh yes, it is since it is not from Kurosawa!

Back