Hi from Miami, Newbie ready to buy his NSX

I didnt know it was this hard to find a NSX near my state, there is one in California with 182k miles 1991 berlina with body kit and customer interior for 18k , but to fly over there and then find out that its not in good condition will be a waste of time, anyone near costa mesa California that can check this car for me, thanks in advance

Hugh, what kind of price are we talking? If you pass, please pass along the info! :biggrin:

I believe my 91 (141K miles) is one of the red ones mentioned above (maybe). I'm close to trading it on a 360 Modena (just working up the nerves) or I might just FI the NSX and call it day (opening another thread on that in the FI section).

Regarding the mileage, I would say that if the car is fully documented (all repair and maintenance paperwork), then it's not a problem.

Even a high mileage Ferrari is OK as long as you can prove the owner took good car of the vehicle. Sometimes, at least in the F-world, a low-mile garage queen can mean more money spent in maintenance, as the owner may not have adhered to a strict maint schedule since the car wasn't driven.

Might not apply to the NSX but thought I'd throw it out there (shameless plug on my car).

Steve

Last edited:
Hugh, what kind of price are we talking? If you pass, please pass along the info! :biggrin:

I was made aware of a white 05 FGT for about $105,000. I'm supposed to get more info this weekend but I'm skeptical since the eBay prices are all over the place.

I'm really looking for a "Bernie Madoff" fire sale car. There's a lot of serious machinery here in Palm Beach and a lot of the owners got nailed by Bernie.

I still have no idea what to do though. I really don't want to pay more than $75K but I doubt that I'll find a car at that price.

This one on eBay has a "Buy It Now" price of $118,000.00. So there might be hope!

I believe my 91 (141K miles) is one of the red ones mentioned above (maybe). I'm close to trading it on a 360 Modena (just working up the nerves) or I might just FI the NSX and call it day (opening another thread on that in the FI section).

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE don't trade your NSX for an Italian POS that has a picture of a farm animal on it! Get your NSX Lovefabbed for God's sake. If you trade it for a 360 you'll be so sorry. If the thing doesn't catch fire, it will kill you in repair bills as it inevitably self destructs.

I didnt know it was this hard to find a NSX near my state, there is one in California with 182k miles 1991 berlina with body kit and customer interior for 18k , but to fly over there and then find out that its not in good condition will be a waste of time, anyone near costa mesa California that can check this car for me, thanks in advance

Patience my friend. The right car will present itself. Why don't you take your $18K and put it on Red on a Roulette wheel? When you win you'll have enough to buy my spare '93. :biggrin:

I was made aware of a white 05 FGT for about $105,000. I'm supposed to get more info this weekend but I'm skeptical since the eBay prices are all over the place.

Hugh, that would be the best deal I have seen on a FGT by about $20k. Buy it if its real.

this one on ebay has a "buy it now" price of $118,000.00. So there might be hope!

this gt has a story, damaged in front end resulting in new fenders, nose, splitter, radiator, ac condenser, left front a-arm, and other items. Purchased from repair shop fall of 2007, gt was repaired and totally repainted midnight blue with white stripes, (was previously white with blue stripes). Although purchased with indiana salvage title - alabama title which is current, does not have any indication of previous status, i.e. Clear title from alabama; don't know why or how this occurred - point is i am being totally upfront about gt history and current status.

Hugh, that would be the best deal I have seen on a FGT by about $20k. Buy it if its real.

That's why I'm suspicious. The market for these things has held up well. I'm told a lot of them have been finding their way to Dubai and other foreign countries where they command 2 to 3 times the US price.

It's been a while since I've driven one. I need another drive to refresh my senses. However can you image how insane an NSX JGTC wideboy with a monster engine would be? Especially since I'd have it painted with an Iron Maiden theme using airbrushed copies of Derek Riggs Eddies!

The one I want on the hood is the "Madness" Eddie like the one below but instead of a fist going through his head, there would be a speeding NSX.

eddie_madness.jpg

Back