Hey Everyone - New NSX owner here

Hey guys - just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jim and I just got my first acura NSX.

Got a 98' T spa yellow with 39,000 miles from an awesome dealership in high point, NC.

Glad to find a forum where I can talk to fellow NSX owners!! Finally got my dream car and I am happy to say there is no other car I would rather own right now.

63675040.jpg

Last edited:
congradulation Jim!! She is a beauty, welcome to nsx prime a lot of great guys and gals here.

Anesthesia

Congrats! I got my first NSX well over a decade ago, and I STILL go out in the garage a couple of times per night to look at it and make sure it is real (seriously...I do).

Take good care of it, and drive it often. You only live once, so you may as well enjoy the drive. :)

Congrats! I got my first NSX well over a decade ago, and I STILL go out in the garage a couple of times per night to look at it and make sure it is real (seriously...I do).

Take good care of it, and drive it often. You only live once, so you may as well enjoy the drive. :)

hahaha its halarious you said that - I have been doing the EXACT same thing!! I love it man .. one of the best built cars I have ever driven...(just upgraded from a 350Z)

I didn't want to spend the $ yet , but the guy dropped it from $44,000 to $39,000 for me after all costs and put in a brand new timing belt / wp / and brand new tires with a 1 owner/clean title .. also came with the whole tint /dvd system ,etc etc

I said its time to pull the trigger, and its one of the best decisions I have made!!

Last edited:
Congrats jim, Im celebrating my 1 year anniversary with mine this weekend, love the yellow.

Welcome and Congrats :smile: Enjoy the sweet ride.

Welcome Jim,

Looks awesome. You are going to love it.

You may find yourself having to give yourself more time when you plan on going places... not because the NSX won't get you there plenty fast, but because people will stop you and want to talk and gawk over the car.

Enjoy! Be cool in a HOT car. :cool:

well bought, congratulations!

Welcome and Congrats!!

Welcome aboard!
Where are you located?
I live ~ an hour from High Point.
Great color!

Thanks everyone!!

but yea man im in Raleigh, NC ... hardly ANY NSX's around here - ... but everyone is right... the attention is unbelievable..people are coming up next to me and honking and giving me thumbs up and stuff.. its great!

Couldn't be happier with the car!

Not true! There are several NSX's in the Raleigh area! Send me your information Jim and I'll add you to my mailing list. I currently have a list of 40 NSX's in the NC area. PM me with your name, phone # and direct e-mail address, please.

John

Not true! There are several NSX's in the Raleigh area! Send me your information Jim and I'll add you to my mailing list. I currently have a list of 40 NSX's in the NC area. PM me with your name, phone # and direct e-mail address, please.

John

Ahh John - didn't mean it like that - I meant I hardly SEE any nsxs!! Ill PM you right now

Ahh John - didn't mean it like that - I meant I hardly SEE any nsxs!! Ill PM you right now

Hey Jim, I hear ya! Actually, all of the NSX's in the Raleigh area (that I know of) are weekenders. You won't see them out during the week/work days. There are several shows/cruises on a weekly basis that some of us attend. I'll get you a list of these.

Again, looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new NSX.

Got any pictures of your spa yellow veilside NSX I never saw a yellow one before

When Veilside first came out with the NSX kit, they promoted it in yellow with the cherry blossom design. I see the same yellow Veilside NSX when I visit Japan, only now it has different wheels.

Got any pictures of your spa yellow veilside NSX I never saw a yellow one before

My car is still in the works. It's about to get painted soon. But I have some pix with the veilside kit on in my gallery. You could check them out. Here is a Yellow Veilside NSX. This is not my car but it will look similar once it's completed.

FinishProject.jpg

vn3-1.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha its halarious you said that - I have been doing the EXACT same thing!! I love it man .. one of the best built cars I have ever driven...(just upgraded from a 350Z)

I didn't want to spend the $ yet , but the guy dropped it from $44,000 to $39,000 for me after all costs and put in a brand new timing belt / wp / and brand new tires with a 1 owner/clean title .. also came with the whole tint /dvd system ,etc etc

I said its time to pull the trigger, and its one of the best decisions I have made!!

Great Car, Great Price, Great deal.
Your big mantanence is done

nice!

im in Raleigh, NC ... hardly ANY NSX's around here - ...!

"hardly any"
That's relative...you may not see many/any on your daily commute BUT Raleigh specifically (and as you will find NC and the mid-Atlantic states) have a thriving NSX community.

We had 22+ together a few weeks ago and there is always one or two at "Cars and Coffee"

Welcome Jim and great pick up! As you can tell there is a very active NC NSX community here. Check the Southeastern Forum from time to time, that is were most of us lurk.

What dearlship did you pick up your car from? That was a heck of a deal with all the big work done on it.

This pic was from last month in Greensboro. It was a combination of NC,SC and VA NSX owners. Look for more events to come in the furture.

Welcome.

Michael

Attachments

• 2009 May NSX NC MiniExpo FCI 073.jpg
    2009 May NSX NC MiniExpo FCI 073.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Adjust the seat so that you’re comfortably but not excessively reclined. Move it back so you hold the wheel with your arms straight out. Put your head all the way back to the rest. Note how everything you need is placed easily to hand or to eye. Rip down an empty, sweeping road on a beautiful day like today with the good music pumping and that motor roaring right behind you. Feel the precise response of the car as you feed it inputs. Use your mind’s eye to picture how awesome it all looks from the outside. Arrive exhilarated.
Sorry, just did this at lunch and had to share.

Congrats, Slimjim935!

Back