Here is another NSX vs. Z06 thread

I had an different encounter at a Chevy dealer. I just got done test driving an NSX at Niello Acura, I was nothing but smiles. I decided to compare a corvette to the NSX.
The dealer I went to had no problems with me
test driving a new corvette, I did explain to them that I was comparing the 2 cars and hadn't decided on which one( which was a lie I just wanted to make sure ) I had actually drove a ragtop and a coupe while I was there that day.They were very helpful and were trying very hard to earn my buisness. Which they didn't but I now know what I am not missing in a corvette. Still I think the lines are nice.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

As far as what a stock NSX'er may find addictive about the Z06 is the brute acceleration it has, nothing more. I sure didn't miss the Z06's handling as its tail tends to break loose at even moderate acceleration or through corners (even WITH Active Handling on!), but the grip of the front tires are pretty impressive, although nowhere near as precise as the NSX, esp. a Zanardi at that. Now I know some of us also drives C5's and may disagree with me on this one, but like always, I try my best not to be judgemental when it comes to performance and this is what I noticed about the Z06 in terms of handling vs.the NSX. So I apologize in advance should I have offended some of us for down-playing the Z06 a bit here.

I've alway felt that if you really want the brute acceleration in your NSX to match the stock Z06, a 420HP upgrade with CT Supercharger or the likes should do the job quite effortlessly.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 07 August 2002).]

Back