Here are my shots of the NSX Concept at the LA Auto Show yesterday (12/1/2012)

I may like this car for it's technology and maybe for how it drives, but it doesn't have a look that will stand the test of time... Spent a lot of time today looking at my 2000 coupe as I prepare for seller's remorse - after 5 years of longing for an NSX, 17 years of owning 2 NSX-Ts and the current NSX Coupe, the original NSX shape, lines and design are still very appealing. The interior design was so far ahead of its time that Porsche has only barely caught up with their latest 991 and Boxster/Cayman. With its current design, the concept does not seem like it would do that - hopefully there will be refinement in the design

It still doesn't give me that "SCHWINGGGG!" that the original did and still does.... or the MP4 or the 458 does. Though I had to see the MP4 in person to feel like I must have one. Maybe it's just me (I doubt it) but, I still need to see the finished product to get my heart around this concept. And that is a lot more work than I had to do to fall in lust with the original.

Before I saw the new NSX in person, I thought it was just meh in picture. I thought the lexus concept lf-lc looks better. After seeing it in person at the LA autoshow today, I think the new NSX is absolutely beautiful. It makes my NSX looks like it is 100 years old and it blows the lexus lf-lc out of the water. It might not have the wow factor like the old NSX but that's because there were too many ugly cars back when the old NSX was introduced. There are so many beautiful cars these days to compare the new NSX against and the expectation for the new NSX was too high, so naturally some people was disappointed.

Yet the fact will always remain... It doesn't look like an NSX. Personally thats what I think it should look like, an evolution. Its iconic, just like the 911 is to Porsche. I just hope they call it NS-Z still to differentiate it and not butcher the NSX name/legacy. Or call it the R8X if they want to show some evolutionary heritage! They at least showed that respect to the CRX with namesake of the CR-Z so I still have hope. I think they will at launch change the name. Maybe one day we will still get the HSC to restore the NSX nameplate correctly... But I won't hold my breath.

i 100% agree.. hopefully they will call it the NSZ..
Yet the fact will always remain... It doesn't look like an NSX. Personally thats what I think it should look like, an evolution. Its iconic, just like the 911 is to Porsche. I just hope they call it NS-Z still to differentiate it and not butcher the NSX name/legacy. Or call it the R8X if they want to show some evolutionary heritage! They at least showed that respect to the CRX with namesake of the CR-Z so I still have hope. I think they will at launch change the name. Maybe one day we will still get the HSC to restore the NSX nameplate correctly... But I won't hold my breath.

I disagree it should be called NSX. It should be a new experimental type of sports car. If it's the same type of car as the old but just faster, it's not deserving of the name in my opinion. The Sport Hybrid SH-AWD setup is already unique to this concept car. I wonder what other innovative technoligies this concept will have incorporated into it. We will have to wait and see what they come up with.

I disagree it should be called NSX. It should be a new experimental type of sports car. If it's the same type of car as the old but just faster, it's not deserving of the name in my opinion. The Sport Hybrid SH-AWD setup is already unique to this concept car. I wonder what other innovative technoligies this concept will have incorporated into it. We will have to wait and see what they come up with.

The experiment at that time was to make an every day reliable user friendly exotic car. New experiment, new car, new time, new name. Use it for marketing hype if you must but don't defame our NSX's when it comes time to make it official.

I thought they did not have it in LA. I am so ignorant. I should have went there. Thanks for sharing the pics. I also noticed that there is still no details on the interior.

Last edited:
Back