HELPPPPP nitrous install... TPS-FTS???

Hey guys, I purchased a ZEX dry 75 shot for my 95 nsx and was planning on installing it next month after i hit 3000 miles since the clutch/tranny install. So the other day i got out the test light to figure out how i'd wire it up, and im not seeming to get a full throttle switch activation off of the red wire on the tps...

Am i doing this wrong, or is that where the activation wire should go?

I've heard since this car is driven by wire, instead of a throttle cable it may be setup somewhat different, but im unsure where i can find a full throttle activation wire???

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated

thanks again for any help

Im running NO2 but I have the NOS kit. Try giving a local motorsports shop a call and Im sure they can help. You may also want to give ZEX a call, Im sure they have an idea of the application. If all else fails, give Brad at Autologic a call. He has experiance with NO2 and is the best NSX tech around. 713-516-2081. Hope this helps!

ahh ok... just curious though, doesnt your NOS kit work off a full throttle switch? Ill try these other places, as for ZEX they are no help whatsoever, i called and talked to 3 different people and all they say is... It doesnt work? Oh maybe the bottle is empty or maybe its not grounded, both of which it is. All local shops here in ny dont have much experience with nsx's either, so ill have to try Brad. Thanks for the reply!
Nsxot1c

The TPS is three wires..

what you need to do is just put the car in the 'on' position.. and then after that put an ohm-meter on all the wires.. play w/ the throttle, and find the wire that varies from .5-5V...

that's your wire.
x

Whoa, slow the roll man. take a deep breath and listen. no disrespect to anyone trying to help you but NOS and Zex are apples and oranges in terms of what people are trying to explain to you. VBNSX gave you the right info,it is three wires and he gave you the way to 'find the correct one.I just woke up am half asleep but will re-visit this thread after coffee.just my take but if you are going to run n20 you better learn all the ins and outs because once its installed it needs to be maintained.did you get a set of n20 plugs? DO NOT ACTIVATE THAT N20 ON THE STOCK NSX PLUGS OR YOU WILL BE SORRY. I will check back later.if you want me to call you pm me.

you guys wrote..

(nsxot1c does anyone here even have nitrous? )

READ THE ARCHIVES many of us have ,run,and install nitrous, did you do a word search because the info you need is right in this topic from a year ago when dixie was installing her Zex n20 kit in Europe, she needed the same info but kept her head. you need to settle down and read.

(loNfastNSX, My kit works so that when I have it at full throtle, and above 3500 RPM, it activates a micro switch by the throtle. If this is what you mean then, yes!)
NO..... I am a NOS brand die hard as alot of folks know but thats not at all what he is doing ,he is trying to tap the wire that has the signal of the throttle position so the zex modules solenoids will respond with the correct amount of n20 or not at all if the thottle is only partly open all in the respect of keeping a safe A/F ratio but NOS and zex do it a different way with different hardware.

The NSX does not have a throttle position "switch"; it has a linear throttle position sensor (TPS). The output of the sensor (like most other cars) is a voltage between 0 and 5V that indicates the throttle position. Closed thottle is close to 0V and WOT is close to 5V, 50% throttle is around 2.5V, etc.

According to the Zex web page, the TPS output must be at least 4.2V for the ZEX controller to recognize it as "full throttle". See:
http://www.zex.com/Technical/Help/NitrousOxide.asp

btw this thread is nearly 6 months old... and i have alot of experience with nitrous and have had it on many cars before. Zex is an extremely simple dry kit, and i was only planning on spray a 75 dry shot... nothing outrageous. I have Zex plugs in my car... so thanks for the worries. Thanks for the concerns and yep did use the search button... no help for nitrous install. Once again this was nearly 6 months ago so i have no clue how this thread jumped back up.
As for using the throttle position wire I ended up having no luck and pulled the kit back out for the winter anyway... But i have been told that the nsx does not get enough of a signal unlike other cars on the wires towards the throttle position...

From what i understand The car does not get a full throttle sense since it is run by wire?

Im sure you guys have more info on this since you said you have run n2o... So did you use a wire off the throttle position... and if so which one??
thanks
Chris

The throttle plate is controlled by wire..

BUT..

the TPS is tied into that plate and as the wire turns the plate to open it more, the TPS detects how far that plate has been turned and registers it as a particular voltage rating.

This is why when people buy throttle bodies that have been honed and stuff, people like to mention that the TPS has already been calibrated. B/c if it isn't, on the low setting (0 - .5V) you could be too high and your idle will be jacked. On the other note, you could be going WOT (according to the computer) while you're only going half way.

notice on the SoS website:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/big_bore_throttle_body/

where it says "Recalibrated TPS"

I'll look around my garage for an old TPS and throttle body.. a picture explains this all much better.

x

Back