Help with selling my car. How much to ask?

You had the car up for sale for only a week so i wouldnt worry.

Personally I think the price is ok compared to the other cars currently on autotrader, ebay, cars, etc...

Just this type of car will take time to sell at that price. I paid slightly higher for mine just because it was local. Im sure you might find someone like that as well. Or perhaps is willing to pay more for silver, who knows. But theres a buyer for everything!

Of course if you want it gone quickly then you have to sell for cheaper. Your price is fair but not something i would rush to.

I love guys like nastinupe who drop their pants when selling cars.:rolleyes:

I'm definately buying my next one from you buddy!

OP - keep your car until spring if you can and then re-list it at a lower price but not by much. Patience is key when selling a car such as the NSX. Let the people with NSX's that "need" the money sell out at lower prices and then list yours in the spring when those people will have been weeded out.

I never said that I get screwed on a deal. I just give the best deal so that there's no question about the car going fast.

Example. I bought a 2002 M3 Convertible in 2004 for $39,500. I sold it in 2005 for $37,600. It was one of the best deals on the net at the time and moved in 3 days. I wasn't upside down and I got out of the car quickly and was happy. Sure I could have sold it for as much as $44,000, I'm not in the car sales business. I'd rather move it and move on.

I guess it's all about what your time and effort is worth. My time is worth a lot so I'm not going to spend time doing an oil change, or selling parts on my car, etc.

My ultimate goal when I sell a car is not to be upside down, and I have never been. So I'm good.

As to price, I think you should lower your asking price to somewhere in the high $20Ks followed by words like "must sell" and "all reasonable offers considered". Many people are lazy and don't even want to bother with seeing if/how much lower you will go with your asking price. Human nature. You don't need to give your car away, but do need to price it more agressively with the right key info listed. Good luck!

Personally, I correlate "must sell" to "before it falls apart". In general it sounds like the car didn't get much attention or service. I still think the best strategy to sell a car is to be open and honest.

This one is a good example: http://www.bahmancars.ch/autos/hondansx.htm Ok, a little bit too much of the same but I like to see the service records booklet before I have to go there myself.

Personally I don't like to read overwheeling stories of how much has been taken care of or how much has been done because you can read this for good and bad cars. And also I don't believe anything I could back up with a document or picture myself. So if the seller is offering all needed information by himself these are a good arguements. If anybody out there buys an NSX be sure that he or she knows about the snap-ring range, the TB/WP interval and so on.

So far, it has been in general: Your car seems to be fine. The price is only one dimension. Show/convince (with pictures) the prospecitve owner that he or she should buy your car and not the other one.

I can't comment the price range but if the market is going down in general it's hard to sell a car at any price. If everybody is selling his or her car a the lowest price all over the world in the last consequence the price of a car would be zero. :wink:

wow i'm overwhelmed with all your insights. this weekend I will start my selling process by taking more pictures and following that more infomation.

I never said that I get screwed on a deal. I just give the best deal so that there's no question about the car going fast.

Example. I bought a 2002 M3 Convertible in 2004 for $39,500. I sold it in 2005 for $37,600. It was one of the best deals on the net at the time and moved in 3 days. I wasn't upside down and I got out of the car quickly and was happy. Sure I could have sold it for as much as $44,000, I'm not in the car sales business. I'd rather move it and move on.

I guess it's all about what your time and effort is worth. My time is worth a lot so I'm not going to spend time doing an oil change, or selling parts on my car, etc.

My ultimate goal when I sell a car is not to be upside down, and I have never been. So I'm good.

I do agree with most of what you have posted in this thread including stating that your time is worth money. For sure...

I guess I shouldn't have assumed you were losing on your cars - my bad.

'91 is an old car......I have one :biggrin:

Unless you find somebody that wants an NSX (for whatever reason) 30k is a lot of money.

I bought mine with 10k more miles but new leather, Exedy clutch and Volks. The guy just wanted to pay off a loan 18k

I would have bough something else but after hanging with Shad in Sac I knew I wanted to strip it and track it than stoke it and turbo it and cage it and the money pit goes on........... :tongue:

Good luck

Back