Help with my Alpine S634 CD Changer

Hey, guys. I just swapped out my CD changer and I am having problems with it skipping when I hit the smallest bump in the road. Only thing I can thinik of is I set the vertical switch incorrectly. On the DIY it shows the switch all the way to the top right (clockwise). That is where I put mine. Is that correct?

Here's the section from the CHA-S634 manual (you can download a copy here). If you've installed it vertically, set it to the 90 degree (V) position. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• from-alpine-CHA-S634-owners-manual.png
    from-alpine-CHA-S634-owners-manual.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 75
Hey guys. Pulled the changer and flipped the switched to the correct setting. Now I get an error message and the cartridge will not eject. Any suggestions?

Which error message is it?

Might want to try unplugging the changer unit from the cable and turn on the radio... then turn off the car, plug it back in and see if that helps.

I have not yet installed mine as I'm waiting on it to arrive. It should be here soon though.

this is a problem on alpine changers. you need to open it up and flip the release manually , then plug it back in, 99% it will work if not .... sorry about your luck!!!!!!!:confused: But seriously it almost always works, till the next time!

this is a problem on alpine changers. you need to open it up and flip the release manually , then plug it back in, 99% it will work if not .... sorry about your luck!!!!!!!:confused: But seriously it almost always works, till the next time!

Whaaaaaaat? This is the case with even the new Alpine mp3 changers? Say it aint so! :frown:

they must do it on purpose... they think it's funny

they must do it on purpose... they think it's funny

when i install mine im gonna be sure to double check the instructions and hopefully I wont run into any issues... :redface:

Back