• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help wanted: Advan Racing RS wheels, brake caliper clearance

andy l.

Do some among you have the Advan RS wheel combo 8x17 with 37mm offset (front) and 10x18 with 35mm offset (rear) on your cars and could give me some help by measuring the distance (clearance) between wheel spokes inner edges and brake discs outer side, forward and rear ?

I need to know whether these wheels would clear calipers of Movit brake kits 4s3 front (with 322x32mm discs) and 4m2 rear (with 322x28mm discs) without adding spacers.

For clearing the calipers, acc. to Movit 65mm are needed as minimum between wheel spokes and brake disc.
I have measured myself (on another NSX with different wheels) and found that min. 63mm did just clear a.m. front calipers, with abt. 1m5~2mm remaining.

If somebody actually has a.m. brake kits on his car would you pls let me know what wheels and (if applicable) spacers you got installed to clear the brakes.

I have used the search and did quite some reading here, but didn't find anything that would provide me with related information clearly answering my question.

Thanks a lot for your kind help !!

Last edited:
brandonson, many thanks for your hint !

The stoptech caliper (ST40) looks very similar to the Movit 4s3 caliper in terms of outline and outer dimensions.

I did visit the Stoptech website, excellent customer support !
According to outline drawing for their NSX kit the caliper protrudes abt. 60,5mm above their brake disc's outer surface.
If the 17x8 RS wheel (with 37mm offset) clears the Stoptech caliper with minimum or more than 2mm clearance as recommended by Stoptech there should be min. 62,5mm or more distance between the wheel spokes and brake disc. Does anybody know the actual clearance with the Stoptech caliper ?

So, this wheel 'might' clear the Movit caliper as well.
But it finally depends on the Movit disc hat height which I don't know.
If the Movit hat is made of thinner material or of a 'flatter' design than the Stoptech (total height 16mm) brake disc and consequently the caliper would be sitting more outside thus voiding the needed clearance, although the calipers are of almost same or maybe even identical width.

Unfortunately, Movit does not have such data or drawings available on their website. I will contact them trying to find out.

However, if some of you here know about the Movit brake kit or have it on your cars, could you please help and share your insight with me ?

Again, thanks a lot !

Back