• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help on going true keyless

Thanks for the reply but that's what I want from the advance system is the keyless and push button. I have a old Clifford matrix 10.5 that was on the car when I purchased it. I have been researching this and I think I need to upgrade my alarm to one like compustar that has arm/disarm inputs or at least that's what I have read.

Where are you located? I have a friend that has done multiple cars. If you can get your car to NC I'm sure he'll do yours too.

im in charleston sc. when you say he has done a few do you mean i could take my car as is and just add the advanced keys full system?

He's a highly experienced installer that does a lot of alarm work but he's done a lot of push button/keyless deals as of lately. Only 4 hours away from you, if that's something you wanted to consider... PM me and I'll get you guys in touch.

What extra protection are you looking for?

Is the remote the only way for you to arm and disarm your aftermarket alarm?

The proximity for the outside and inside the car when I have the top off,shock sensors, glass sensors and remote start and trunk release. As far as I know the remote is the only way to turn the alarm off

Bumping an ancient thread. Anyone recently do a PKE/Push button start combo on their cars? Looking to see if there are any other options other than AdvancedKeys.

I'm interested too, but would also like to have remote start (on my manual car) for those cold days. I've already bypassed the clutch interlock for the starter, and will try and adapt a limit switch or two that will only let the car start if it's in neutral.

I want to get away from the keys because even just one key and the OEM remote fob get in my way while driving.

If you go shopping and you have a later model car with the immobilizer chip in the key, be sure to check to see if there is a suitable immobilizer module (some require that you permanently insert a key into the module) available for the car. The other option is to do the deep dive into the ECU and wire in a permanent by-pass of the immobilizer daughter board. If you have a pre immobilizer car then this is not an issue.

Personally, I am adverse to putting aftermarket electronics into anything that approaches mission critical status. Most of the retail level stuff has dodgy reliability and definitely no long term support. If you could somehow adapt a push to start system from one of the newer Honda / Acuras that might provide a more durable option. However, I expect that these systems are integrated into the PCM so retrofitting is not a realistic option.

I've got an Advanced Keys system that I installed in my STi and integrated it with the JDM STi push button. I did the install and removed the steering lock. The JDM steering lock was electronically actuated by the ECU upon successful RFID auth with the OEM key. The other issue to overcome that is not an issue with the older NSXs is the key transponders.

After 7-8 years of owning the Advanced keys system my only real issues were the inconsistent keyfob operation. My keyfob worked most of the time for proximity but the remote buttons for lock and unlock were hit and miss. My wife's keyfob buttons worked almost all the time but the proximity was hit and miss. Over time, I found that the proximity got worse and worse. I purchased the new OEM style keyfobs only to have the same inconsistent performance and even less proximity performance. I was told by Advanced Keys that the newer remotes were 30% less RF range! It was so bad that I put the keys in the center console under the radio inside the car and got locked out! Not sure if anyone else with Advanced keys have a similar issue. I should recheck the antenna placement...

Back