Help! My car is acting weird ;)

Hi guys, Im in need of your expertise, my car's rpms go near zero when i engage the clutch to lets say go over a bump or something, i have a video but its in my iphone and i dont have access to a comp until next week , if i can email it to someone and they can upload it it will be apprecciate it

Thanks in advance prime!!

i think he means when its running in neutral

Ok, so you let the clutch out, without giving it gas, to go over a bump and the engine almost dies from low RPM's. That sounds normal to me :confused:. Don't you usually give it a little gas to start moving forward?

Ok, so you let the clutch out, without giving it gas, to go over a bump and the engine almost dies from low RPM's. That sounds normal to me :confused:. Don't you usually give it a little gas to start moving forward?

No no ;) , imagine you are in 2nd and coming to a bump, you press the clutch and keep it pressed to change to first, then there is when the rpms go to almost zero

Sounds like a dirty throttle body. Run some Techron gas additive through it to help the injectors or just clean your throttle body and see if that helps.

if you want to clean the Throttle body what I have done in the past is
get yourself some Carb & Choke cleaner

take airbox out so you have access to the choke. have one finger on the throttle and rev it up and spray the cleaner inside the throttle body. all over soak everything while the car is running

the car will try and stall but press the throttle with your finger to rev it back up do this intill you see no more grease in the throttle body.

and it should be clean and your happy.

now if it stalling like you say it could be the Idle control valve which is bolted on the throttlebody on the older NSX's and replaced when they switched to throttle by wire

No no ;) , imagine you are in 2nd and coming to a bump, you press the clutch and keep it pressed to change to first, then there is when the rpms go to almost zero

So, as the rpms drop (from being in second gear) when you push in the clutch...they don't stop falling (around idle) they continue to fall to zero (or near zero)?

Can you touch/push the gas pedal (simultaneous with the clutch) to off-set this phenomenon?

Clean the throttle body. Look/listen for vacuum line leaks

if you want to clean the Throttle body what I have done in the past is
get yourself some Carb & Choke cleaner

take airbox out so you have access to the choke. have one finger on the throttle and rev it up and spray the cleaner inside the throttle body. all over soak everything while the car is running

the car will try and stall but press the throttle with your finger to rev it back up do this intill you see no more grease in the throttle body.

and it should be clean and your happy.

now if it stalling like you say it could be the Idle control valve which is bolted on the throttlebody on the older NSX's and replaced when they switched to throttle by wire

Well i removed the air box ( where the air filter is at) but didnt see anything where i could just spray away,LOL

Anyone has pics of the steps?????

did you remove the rubber hose that connects the airbox to the throttle body? if you dont looking in a dark hole you might not see anything.

anyway after you remove the rubber tube you will see a Copper color circle thats your choke. when you press the throttle you will see it open and close with each of your presses. that where you spray away. while the car is running.

if the car is running and you spray into it the engine will stall and turn off.

to make this work you MUST have your finger on the throttle and keep reving it when you hear the car about to stall.

the point of this is to prevent you from having to start the car 30 times while your cleaning it.

did you remove the rubber hose that connects the airbox to the throttle body? if you dont looking in a dark hole you might not see anything.

anyway after you remove the rubber tube you will see a Copper color circle thats your choke. when you press the throttle you will see it open and close with each of your presses. that where you spray away. while the car is running.

if the car is running and you spray into it the engine will stall and turn off.

to make this work you MUST have your finger on the throttle and keep reving it when you hear the car about to stall.

the point of this is to prevent you from having to start the car 30 times while your cleaning it.

Ok, then i got to the last step, i saw the hole and i pressed but didnt know what else to do, i will do this tomorrow morning ;)

For how long should i keep spraying ???

Too funny!!! I couldnt find where to press to open the throttle!!!! LOL

Shawn where is that i have to press to keep revving to avoid stalls.... This is the last step that i need, thanks guys

Back