Help me find my dream NSX .....

AndyNSX said:
If you're going to really look into that car, I'd be very careful to search for a previous accident, engine rebuild, or some other serious problem. Remember that many times carfax does not tell the whole story. That price seems way too low. Let us know if you find anything.

Yes this is a good point.... how could you tell if the engine has been rebuilt?

I know what to look for in terms of body work... at the seams of the body panels and things like that... but its kind of tough to look for a rebuilt engine don't u think?

Carfax usually shows most accidents that have claims on the insurance policy... my Lexus did when I just had a minor fender bender...

Ski_Banker said:
$38k for a 97+ in good condition would be a steal, so yeah, I think you're being unreasonable. Nice 97+s are in very high demand, relative to the number of cars out there, so they usually go for 45-50k. If 38k is the limit, you could find a nice 95-96 T for that price with lower miles, or get a high mileage 97+. IMO, mileage isn't that big of a deal if the car has been well taken care of so personally that's what I would do (get 97+). Good luck and most of all be patient. :smile:

Yep. I just spent 38k on my 95 with 46k miles on the clock. Exterior is almost perfect save for a few rock chips. There isn't a dent on the car. It's going to be almost impossible to pick up a clean 97 for 38k. If it was possible, I would have bought it myself :biggrin:

Back