Help me choose my next set of wheels

Which wheels should I get for a '91 Black NSX?

• Bobolinski's

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • HRE's

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Polished TE-37's

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
I have sold my existing 17" Blitz Type 03's and am looking at which wheels to get next. I've narrowed my choices down to the following options and I need to make a decision on which way to go:

1. 18F/19R Bobolinksi wheels
attachment.php

Benefits: 315's on the back & Unique wheel
Negatives:
- Heavy wheel
- If a wheel is damaged, I may not be able to get another.
- 315 tires are not cheap!
- I'm not sure if these will ever be made, slow/no response from seller

2. 18F/19R HRE's pictured in the attachment
Benefits: Very nice looking wheel! Available quickly
Negatives: heavy wheel

3. 17F/18R polished TE37's
Benefits: Low cost tires, lightweight wheel, would help with my weight reduction/performance theme
Negatives: Several month wait for wheels and then I need to get them polished

Attachments

• nsx 025.JPG
    nsx 025.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 320
dave22 said:
Have you seen Mercury Silver? It's a special edition Volk finish. Probably right up your alley:

1_03.jpg

Mmmmmmm... those are hot! I haven't seen them before. Is there an extra charge over the normal TE37's?

Okay-

Since you asked, I'd love to "pitch in". I have been traversing through the "joy" of finding just the right wheel myself lately so here's my $.02 worth.

Sounds like you've already eliminated the Bobolinski choice. If you think you haven't, read the cons you wrote down out loud. :rolleyes: :smile:

Now it's down to the HREs and the Volks. I have the same predicament but with 2 different sets.

Are you going lightweight, performance-minded in your approach as well as your aesthetic? Then go Volks (mercury silver or gun metal-imho). If it's curb appeal with great taste (which you have) with "instant" gratification (Volks, I heard, take forever)...Go HRE. Not that HREs aren't performance-minded, it just seems to me that Volks have more of that vibe. I'm no expert by any stretch in the performance realm but if you're tracking the car and such, Volks seem to be made for that. If it's looks (and your desire for chrome or polished seem to suggest so) then take a poll if you must but YOU should make the call!! Side by side. And let me PhotoChop them in for you if you like. They are both great looking wheels. Let me know what color car you have or send me a pic or 2, and I'll drop both sets in there, color options and all. I'd be more than happy to do it for you. It sure helps me.

Anyhoo, I am sure you have exhausted a lot of effort to get to narrowing it down and I hope you find the closure you're looking for with a little help from your friends on Prime!

Terry
T-Med

Last edited:
TE37's! How about 18/19's in them? The wheels would weigh almost exactly the same as the OEM 16/17 NSX wheels, and would look great. They make a polished lip version also (LE37T)

Man you gotta love the TE37 in the Mercury Silver finish, I do. How much (anyone) in 17/18 size appropriate so I will not be required to use spacers to put the rim where it belongs?

Ponyboy said:
TE37. Sweet looking and light.

Ditto. TE37 = The best wheel EVER. I've put it on every car i've owned and loved the look every time. ALso Mercury Silver isnt that hard to get and it doesnt increase wait time that much over your regular wait.

Cairo94507 said:
Man you gotta love the TE37 in the Mercury Silver finish, I do. How much (anyone) in 17/18 size appropriate so I will not be required to use spacers to put the rim where it belongs?

+40 front and rear offsets on the normal recommended widths on the NSX I
think.

AutoVation said:
Mmmmmmm... those are hot! I haven't seen them before. Is there an extra charge over the normal TE37's?

actually I got a brand new set of this wheels
size 18x7.5 +40 / 19x9.5 +35 in MERCURY SILVER colour USD$2700
but the problem is I live in Australia, maybe is going to be very expensive to send the wheels, if inetrested will post some pics

cheers

da3dalus said:
Ditto. TE37 = The best wheel EVER. I've put it on every car i've owned and loved the look every time. ALso Mercury Silver isnt that hard to get and it doesnt increase wait time that much over your regular wait.
Ditto. I think LE37T and TE37 are the best wheels for the NSX. No bling and just all performance oriented wheels. Not only they are on the JGTC NSXs, they are extremely strong and light. I have had 3 sets on my NSXs.
Steve

I came across these, what's the difference between the "Progressiv" TE37's and normal ones?

Edit: I don't think these are an option now as they only appear to be available in 19's.

ProgressivTE.jpg

Last edited:
Back