HELP!!!!GOT A SPEEDING TICKET IN MY NSX

YEP, GOT A SPEEDING TICKET BUT EVEN WORSE I HAD NO EXCUSE FOR THE COP. AS I GOT PULLED OVER ALL I COULD THINK OF WAS TO QUICKLY SHUT OFF MY NSX BECAUSE I HAD MY LOUD AND PROUD RM EXHAUSTS WITH THE COMPTECH BYPASS PIPES REPLACING MY CATALYTIC CONVERTORS. NOW THIS HAPPENED 5 MOS. AGO, BUT IT IRRITATES ME THAT I HAD NO EXCUSE. SO, IN CASE I GET PULLED OVER AGAIN WHAT ARE SOME GOOD EXCUSES?

A friend of mine who is a CA, Highway Patrol officer, passed this onto me. Not sure of the validity, but it is worth a try.

The following is how the joke goes:
1. After receiving the ticket from the court system, over pay by $5.00.
2. They in turn will mail you a check for the $5.00 you overpaid.
3. Do NOT cash the return check.

By not cashing (processing) the return check, their administrative processing system stops. The information is not recorded until such time the check is cashed (closed case #).

Again, I have not tried this since I am currently without any tickets. Hey, who knows if this is true. For five-bucks it may be worth a try.

The following statement is pure speculation on my part and is not meant to deceive any judicial system. I was a joke I'm sure!

97-T @ 14K

No officer, I don't know how fast I was going. My speedometer only goes to 180.
smile.gif

I'm sorry officer I thought the speedlimit was miles not Km.
======
Gee wiz man all I did was shift into 2nd....
======
I dropped my glasses and when I leaned over to pick them up I must have pressed on the gas... you know this car goes 0 - 60 in under 5 seconds, it only took less than a second for my speed to get to ...
======
Who me? I thought you were following me and I was just trying to get away from you.
======
I was rear-ended recently in my other car. I'm sorry I'm just really scared of getting hit again so I was just trying to keep you from getting to close..

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 09 February 2001).]

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

You: Because I let you!

Officer: Have a nice day!

Well this line probably wouldn't work quite this well I have never tried it, but if it does work for you please let me know.

I know of people who have been pulled over multiple multiple times with no ticket. About all you can do is be polite, honest, and if they give you a ticket you can always ASK if you could just get away with a warning this time...

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

Have we all forgotten that the simplest way to get out of a ticket is by obeying the speed limit to begin with. Whoa, what did I just say???? I must have lost consciousness there for a minute. I meant to say speed with caution and use the radar detector of your choice!

Keep a spare doughnut in your car and inconspicously hand it to the officer with your license.

Best line that I heard from an officer teaching traffic school is.....

This guy gets pulled over for 80mph in a 35mph zone.
Officer: "What's the hurry?"
Driver: "Sorry officer but my wife is having a baby and I have to get her to the hospital."
Officer: "You're the only one in the car!"
Driver: "@#%! I was in such a hurry that I left without her!"

Supposedly the officer liked the approach and let the guy off with a warning.

THANKS GUYS, THIS IS OVERWHELMING AND I HAVE LAUGHED SO HARD ON SOME OF THE SUGGESTIONS AND THE ONE ON GETTING OUT OF POINTS ARE JUST PLAIN CRAFTY. THIS DEFINITELY HELPS, KEEP ER COMING.

jungd,
Here's one more tidbit of information for you. As you sit here reading this look down and search your keyboard for the key that says "CAPS LOCK" and hit it one time. You will then notice that the light has gone out. Your keyboard should now be in lower case just like when you typed your username. You may now continue to respond to other posts WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING ALL THE TIME.
wink.gif

Sorry to hear about the ticket.
frown.gif

Back