Help: French Door/Door Jamb/Window Installation

Loveland, CO and Trabuco Canyon, California
I need recommendations for repair work on my french doors and door jamb, caused by a leak who's source has yet to be determined. If you had any of this type of work done on your house and were happy with the work, please recommend who did it. I'm in south Orange County.

My problem is that I found fungus growing, and soggy wood, in the door jamb of the french doors I have off my second floor master bedroom, leading out to a deck. It seems that the retractable awning coming out from the stucco wall above the deck is letting rain get into the wall and soaking into the wood door jam. This hasn't been confirmed. I also have water splashing inside the kitchen window, on the first floor, below this door, when it rains hard. I have a handyman who wants to open up the inside wall in the bedroom to look and find the source of the water but I'm not quite comfortable having a handyman do this work. He would remove and replace the door jamb and put up new french doors. I also may replace the large kitchen window with a green house window. My handyman, Hector, may be experienced enough for the job, but I thought I'd ask for recommendations first.

Thank you for any recommendations you can give me.
~Patricia

Thats a tough one. You need a licensed contractor. Its always wise to get 3 bids from licensed contractors and I usually pick the one that can answer your questions help alleviate any concerns. It's nice to find one that someone has had positive experience with but I can't help you there. I haven't found a good one yet.

PM me. I have a finish carpenter that works for me that lives in Trabuco Canyon.

^PM sent. I will never use someone again who isn't recommended by a reliable source. The HVAC guys I used did not make me happy even though I called their referral people. :frown:

My neighbor wasn't helpful because their window was installed over 10 years ago and they don't know who did it.

you will need to take care of that mold issue so getting the most "exposer" within that wall and around the windows/doors is key.Time is money so whover best qualified you can get who has the smallest dance card would be best.I liked getting 4 bids tossing the highest and lowest and working on the tweeners.

I just had the General Contractor here who Gil recommended. Very nice, calm guy. :smile: He should work out fine. Thank you coolnsx!

Back