HELLA rub .. something wrong with my 20's

After painstakingly waiting for 3+ months, and $4k later, I finally got my WORKs. Put them on today, but I can no longer turn? Someone help!

... what to do? :frown:

2027738440042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

2992914300042720342S600x600Q85.jpg

They won't fit, period.

I'm surprised you didn't need to stretch your tires to fit the rears in.
Did you even use a staggered fitment? Because your fronts look as wide as your rears.

I'm trying hard not to say any insults... trying really hard.
The 240SX guys would have a field day at these pictures.

In the first picture, is the front of the car still jacked up?
If so, you probably will need to roll your fenders, because when you go over any bump, you're going to mess up your sidewall.

Or you can go with fender flares (I think GruppeM makes a set) or with a widebody kit.

Again, no offense, but if you keep those sizes for the rear, your NSX won't perform as good as it used to with the stock wheels.

If you take a baseball bat, and stick it between the tire and fender, move the car slowly forward, you can gently widen the fenders to clear the tires. You can also use a strong fence post for this. Just go real slow...

If you are having a problem with the fender liners, they are easy to remove and the car will be fine. You just have to clean the underside more. But a trick is to spray Pam under the fenders and everything just falls off, even dirt.

So...you got HELLA rubs with your DUBS? Sounds like a line out of the next 50Cent hit :tongue:

Did you really buy those wheels for the NSX or did you buy them for an SUV and since the bolt patterns were the same, decided to have some fun to see how they would look?

ouch. You guys are tough.

Looks like an NSX on Steroids or a NSX 4 x 4. J/K Even with the car lowered, it sits so high. Maybe a widebody kit will take care of the protruding tires. I've seen 20's in the rear before but not in the front. There's a reason why most people do not go beyond 18's in the front. Even 19's is pushing it. I guess there's always a first. I'm sorry about the jokes. I should not stoop so low that that.

Last edited:
I believe what you need is a lift kit.... about a 4 or 5 inch lift should take care of it. Check the Jeep forums.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lifted_nsx.jpg
    lifted_nsx.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,836
After painstakingly waiting for 3+ months, and $4k later, I finally got my WORKs. Put them on today, but I can no longer turn? Someone help!

Jerry, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sounds like this is going to be an expensive lesson for you. Big wheel fitment on the NSX is critical at best. I don't know what to say other than do what you can to get your money out of what you have. Then do the appropriate research for what will fit properly.

Ken's (nsxtasy) suggestion is the best solution that I know of. There is a good selection of wheels that will fit those tire sizes. The usual NSX vendors sell the correct wides and offsets to provide fairly trouble free fitment. I'm sure you will be able to find something to your liking.

Jerry, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sounds like this is going to be an expensive lesson for you. Big wheel fitment on the NSX is critical at best. I don't know what to say other than do what you can to get your money out of what you have. Then do the appropriate research for what will fit properly.

Ken's (nsxtasy) suggestion is the best solution that I know of. There is a good selection of wheels that will fit those tire sizes. The usual NSX vendors sell the correct wides and offsets to provide fairly trouble free fitment. I'm sure you will be able to find something to your liking.

You're pointing him to a solution that was given to him prior to his purchase of these wheels! :rolleyes:

I find it impossible to feel sorry for him. He was told in no uncertain terms that these wheels would not fit...now he's asking for more "help"! I'm not sure there's any earthly being that can help him.

Maybe some reverse psychology...OK, otoro, what you're going to want to do is find some 26 inchers off of a pimped Escalade, then follow Malibu Rapper's instructions for fender stretching. (hee hee...now he'll go to 17/18)

I love the title to this thread BTW. I'm sure he had to be scraped up off the floor when the car drove like it had the Club on it.

His next project:

lifteddelorean.jpg

How can anyone order these wheels for the NSX? Wouldn't the vendor know that it is impossible to fit 20's on the front hub of an NSX? I've bought tires that weren't in an ideal size, but rims like this is taking it a little too far. I really hope that the OP has another vehicle that these wheels were purchased for, otherwise it looks like he now owns a set of boat anchors.

Honestly speaking, I don't know who he can sell those wheels to.

They're Work Meisters, awesome wheel.
Did he order all 4 in 20"? I honestly can't think of any forum/car he can sell those to.
Supras, FD RX7s, 350s, etc can fit 20" in the rear (Some with fender rolling/pulling) but I can't think of any non-sedan car that would/can fit 20" in the front.

Going by what otoro said in his first post, I'm assuming they were custom made sizes, so I don't think he can return them.

You're pointing him to a solution that was given to him prior to his purchase of these wheels! :rolleyes:

I find it impossible to feel sorry for him. He was told in no uncertain terms that these wheels would not fit...now he's asking for more "help"! I'm not sure there's any earthly being that can help him.

Maybe some reverse psychology...OK, otoro, what you're going to want to do is find some 26 inchers off of a pimped Escalade, then follow Malibu Rapper's instructions for fender stretching. (hee hee...now he'll go to 17/18)

Graham,

I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading your posts and I believe you’re an intelligent guy, but I'm going to have to call you on this one.

Jerry is a good friend of mine and I feel bad that he made this mistake. Since nobody is perfect, I felt that since he posted looking for help, I would help him in any way that I could. I would never consider being sarcastic about this... but then I see him at meets all the time and I know him personally... perhaps you don't. That's probably what makes you comfortable in being sarcastic about his. But then again, I could be wrong... you might feel comfortable being sarcastic to people you see on a regular basis.

I don't believe I have ever crossed paths with you, but if you ever needed help after making a mistake, I would gladly help you as well.

If this is a serious post, first off, sorry about your outcome. It seems that you were not given enough good advice and too much bad advice during this process.

Can you tell us where you got these from and what exactly you told them? Did you tell them what sizes you wanted or did they come up with it?

... what to do? :frown:

Seriously, I think this is a joke. But if it's for real, pull out the ignorant card(or whatever you want to call it) and CALL the vendor. Send them the pics and ask them wtf? The vendor has some blame as they should have known the wheels wouldn't work. But in the end, it's the purchasers responsibility if he/she placed the order for a certain size/offset, etc.

Good luck, great looking wheels, for a GS or something larger.

Back