heated debate at work

There will ALWAYS be something faster than what you drive, no matter WHAT you drive.

Totally agree. Can't stop technology. If you are just looking at straight-line speed, there are already SUVs as fast if not faster then the NSX. And I would bet within 12-15 years the new cars on the block(GT-R, LF-A, R8) will probably be average to above average cars(performance wise) but there is a lot more to a car then horsepower and speed. Only special cars will still have appeal after time has past. Luckily I had not really had a situation where anyone questioned my purchase. Or I should say question my purchase with the intent to belittle my car. But if I was questioned with that intent, the first thing that would come to mind is "I just like it" :biggrin: .

The sooner you accept the fact that a stock NSX is a relatively slow car, the better. :biggrin:

I didn't buy mine for speed. I bought it for looks, fun to drive factor, and exclusivity.

There will ALWAYS be something faster than what you drive, no matter WHAT you drive.

There will ALWAYS be someone richer than you no matter HOW rich you are.

Just learn to live in that world.

+1 :biggrin:

you drive what you like, I drive what I like :tongue:

+1

And why did you buy a Saturn????:confused:

I bought the Saturn cause my Granddad used to be the Southeast Regional President. I had bad luck with Pontiac, hate Chevy, and bought the Saturn cause at the time I had to have a car. Trust me, Trust me no disrespect to my Granddad, but I will never buy another GM(or American Made car) again.

Are you NUKEM from Saturnfans?

I've had two in the past. I had more fun in my heavily modified SL2 than my stock NSX.

I might have an Account there, but never really posted there...mainly on the Redlineforums.com And my Saturn can beat his charger, found out yesterday, even though I am not a fan of street racing. He hasn't said a word to me yet today.

After reading this thread as it goes on, I am reminded of a guy who said the same thing to me about mine vs his Mustang SVT. After weeks of BS from him, I finally said, "ok, let's go to the strip and race the 1/4 mile for a thousand bucks." I made sure I said it in front of his buddy, and persisted, I wouldn't let him walk away without declining the race. He never said another word to me about it.

You tell him the NSX is your dream car. Then ask what is his dream car? Whatever his reply is, you ask, well, do you have your dream car yet?:wink: Dream cars don't have to be the fastest, it just have to fulfill a dream.

Regarding the comment on "NSX not having no balls", you tell your co-worker it's a her.

I'll bet your co-worker has never driven an NSX, and there is a high probability that he has not even driven a Corvette. All his "lag of" knowledge is from what he read on the web. Therefore, I wouldn't worry at all about his comments. Take a deep breath and and stare at you destop.:biggrin: Make it a great day (that you can control).:smile:

You tell him the NSX is your dream car. Then ask what is his dream car? Whatever his reply is, you ask, well, do you have your dream car yet?:wink: Dream cars don't have to be the fastest, it just have to fulfill a dream.

Regarding the comment on "NSX not having no balls", you tell your co-worker it's a her.

I'll bet your co-worker has never driven an NSX, and there is a high probability that he has not even driven a Corvette. All his "lag of" knowledge is from what he read on the web. Therefore, I wouldn't worry at all about his comments. Take a deep breath and and stare at you destop.:biggrin: Make it a great day (that you can control).:smile:

honestly I don't know why I let it get to me, most of the time I let it in one ear and out the other, I guess I was just in a bad mood.

Ask them if they have ever driven one or if they are just parroting what someone else told them. That usually shuts them up.

Ugly fast women are a dime a dozen too, and I wouldn't want one of those either.

Dont Let Those You Have No Clue About The Beauty And Performance Of An Nsx Bother You. Trust Me When I Say This.....you Will Get More Looks Driving An Nsx Than Any Other Car . My 1991 Spins Heads , Just To Get A Look At It. Be Patient, You Will Own One Some Day And When You Do ,nothing Else Can Take Its Place:

I would have told him "you must really be insecure about your Charger to come over here to bash a picture of a car I have on my computer".

Dont Let Those You Have No Clue About The Beauty And Performance Of An Nsx Bother You. Trust Me When I Say This.....you Will Get More Looks Driving An Nsx Than Any Other Car . My 1991 Spins Heads , Just To Get A Look At It. Be Patient, You Will Own One Some Day And When You Do ,nothing Else Can Take Its Place:

You are right, and I realize it too. Especially now that I am almost at the point where I can start shopping for one. Supposively(if thats a word) I guess he has a slight grudge towards me after the debate, oh well.

kinda of topic but how quick was your redline? and what was done to it?

(just blowing off Steam) I have a picture of a White NSX-R NA2 as my background on my computer and one of my coworkers came up to me and asked me Why I wanted a car with no power or torque? He told me "Your better off keeping your Saturn" (I drive a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline) "How do you figure that" I replied. He told me the NSX was slow had no balls. and that his Charger could beat one. I told him "Your charger is almost as heavy as a Greyhound bus, 2nd of all, even if you have enough power to pull a head on a straight, the NSX will pass you again in the corners. Then he pulled the Corvette vs the NSX, and I told him go get your Corvette, whos car has more heads turning to look at your car. and that was the end of that arguement(had to get back to work.) I get tired of the "NSX has no power line" I would gladly drive a NSX over any GM,Chrysler, or Ford Vehicle...well I would have to drive the Ford GT atleast once, but I would still keep the NSX(when I get one) just venting sorry...

Listen to Van Gundy's advice...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-wCh7frs5rw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-wCh7frs5rw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kinda of topic but how quick was your redline? and what was done to it?

well when we raced I beat him by 2 car lengths I think we got to about 120ish. I have GM stage 2 kit(includes a smaller Supercharger pulley, injectors, and a ECU Tune) K&N CAI, Vibrant headers/Downpipe with a high flow cat, Thermal R&D 2 1/2" cat back. B&G Performance Springs, GMPP Slotted/cross-drilled rotors...oh yeah and an easy button :wink: If I had to guess I would say its putting out about 250 - 260 to the wheels. its a fun car to drive, espiecially for what she is. but like all GM products she was put together cheaply. I took it to Road Atlanta for a Performance Driving School, she did pretty good. but I think I am going to either sell her or keep her as a DD. Its really good on Gas so I don't know. Chado, Funny.

l_21815025670a66a94ddd8af5d15cc687.jpg

LoL he barely talks to me anymore, (aside from work related things.) dude needs to grow up, he lost to a Saturn, and was wrong about the NSX, it was funny, but its over now. oh well I am not losing sleep. LOL

It is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with an ignorant person. Try to educate them and if it takes, keep trying; if not....walk.

Back