Heartland Park Track Schedule 2009!

let me know when. i'm intrested but never gone to one off these events. whats the cost? ect... also, will you be driving there or trailering your NSX?

I have a buddy that runs these with his rx8. Says its a blast. I'll have to try to make it up there this summer.

let me know when. i'm intrested but never gone to one off these events. whats the cost? ect... also, will you be driving there or trailering your NSX?

IIRC, the cost of Touring Club is under $100... It was around $45-50 the last time I went, but I'm positive the price has gone up since then. I'll be driving my NSX up there. I'll also be heading to Council Bluffs, IA a few times this year to hit Mid America Motorplex. Fast Fridays there is $90 for half a day and $125 for the full day, I believe.

IMHO a DE student should have 3 basic goals, in this order: 1) be safe so you can drive your car home, 2) have fun and 3) learn something.

HPT Touring club is fun, but is seriously lacking in safety and instruction. They always have a shortage of instructors, sometimes no instructors, and a history of lax rules. Do you really want to put your nsx on a race track with 15 other guys you don't know, who don't have instruction, and who aren't consistently reprimanded if they break safety rules?

If you want to become a better driver, and want a safer environment, do a club event with the local Audi, BMW or Porsche clubs. Club events are more expensive, but you get so much more with trained instruction and better rules that are there for your safety.

I just talked to the Founder of the Caymen Club and this is what he said???

"Porsche has one in April in conjunction with the Club Race that is going on, the details should be on www.kcrpca.org and I don't know Audi's schedule, as for the Touring events hosted by HPT, they use some of the same instructors and the same corner workers so I would assume that both events would be equally safe as long as they are managed properly by the instructors and staff."-KmanS

Last edited:
I just talked to the Founder of the Caymen Club and this is what he said???

"Porsche has one in April in conjunction with the Club Race that is going on, the details should be on www.kcrpca.org and I don't know Audi's schedule, as for the Touring events hosted by HPT, they use some of the same instructors and the same corner workers so I would assume that both events would be equally safe as long as they are managed properly by the instructors and staff."-KmanS

I haven't been to a Touring Club Day since it was called Road Warriors way back in the day, but back then, it was a pretty well run, safe event. I'll have to check it out this year and see if maybe things have changed...

Batoutahell-In regaurds to the Porshce Club Driver that sent me a P.M. on the Caymen Club. Is there really a diffrence? He seemed to not think so? I would actually prefer 1 on 1 instructions versus what you said earlier about the driving events.

The Kansas City PCA, BMW and Audi clubs all run fine events, but I think only PCA and Audi (joint event with St. Louis Audi club) are at Heartland Park. BMW is going to Hallett near Tulsa which is a fun, fun track. Well worth the time to get good instruction from them.

Feff

Back