heads up - Discovery shows - Extreme Mustang and New C6 shows

I seen them last week and I agree they are very entertaining. I would love to have seen the way the NSX was developed in more detail like that.

It's great marketing on the manufacturer's part also. It shows how much work is put into and the thought process behind building the cars. I'm not a big fan of the Mustang but found the Corvette episode awesome. There was one part in the vette episode where there were about 15 - 20 guys swarming all over the C6 trying to nit pick the quality/fit and finish. Although that was pretty impressive, I couldn't help but think about that Top Gear episode when the host pushed in the area around the C6's taillights showing how flimsy it appeared.

I don't know what these GM engineers are thinking sometimes. How can that many guys miss the boat? Do all of them look at the cheap looking interior and say to each other "ah, just perfect!" ??

They would be better off just taking a Honda Accord interior and copying it piece for piece using identical materials. I actually like the C5 interior better than the C6. I've been a fan of the Corvette since I was a child and I'm still hopefull that one day they will build one that I will want to buy more so than it's competitors. Seeing the new C6, I'll stick with my NSX, thank you very much.

NsXMas said:
Very entertaining shows for car lovers. Just saw the Corvette C6 show, and now they're showing Extreme Mustang - really cool car stuff!!

Yeh, saw these a few days ago! The C6 on the autobahn is way cool, as is the stuff at the Nurburgring. :)
Neat to see Jim Dunn (sp?) in action after seeing his spy photos in Autoweek all these years.
The Mustang show was also pretty good - I've spoken with Scott Maxwell in the distant past so it was neat to see him as one of the test drivers.

I wonder what the C6 lap time on the track was? How bout a comparison between the Nsx type R and the C6? If I remeber correctly wasnt the Nsx time like 7:46 or something like that?

Back