Headroom?? (prospective buyer)

I've seen mention of tall people lacking headroom in NSX's...as a prospective buyer who has never sat in one, this is a minor concern for me and I'm just curious about it. (i'd squeeze into one anyway) I have a friend who is one inch taller than me and he says it's not a problem. I'm 6'2" and thin/normal, not fat. What do you guys think?

Also, how's the pedal offset? Drastic like a Ferrari 246 or 308, or not so bad?

If you are 6'2" and don't mind "squeezing into one" you should have no problems. I am 6'7" and make myself squeeze in. Yea, I could use another inch or two headroom, but it's no problem for me.

Usualy the problem starts when you're tall and wear a helmet on the track - then you're kind of "stuck" or even bent between seat and roof. There are several ways to solve the problem as you can see in the threads KGP mentioned.

Thanks guys - I'm beginning to see a lot of disparity between similar heights...perhaps some people have longer legs than others and longer/shorter torsos? I haven't tried one on yet, but I get the feeling it won't be a problem for me as I've always been a sloucher :redface: It's good to know about the seat foam modification and the dali seat as well as being aware of a helmet gap for those DE days :)

How about pedal offset? Any problems there? Can those of us with big feet even attempt a heal-toe or should we just forget it?

Heal-toe should be fine, if not better than most exotics (ex. Lotus Esprit). The real questions is how often do you plan on wearing a helmet? If you want to track your car, plan on reducing your seat size now.

timothyaw said:
I'm 6'6" and I'm fine. I lean the seat back some and that helps. Overall no problems on headroom. Just get it! :biggrin:

I can't wait :biggrin:
I'm just glad I found this site with all the great resources, etc. Seems like this is a pretty tight-knit community and I will definitely make Prime one of my shopping places as well as ebay motors, etc.

I've read the entire FAQ and got the buyer's checklist, etc. How often is that stuff updated? Have you guys ever run across any problems (other than unpredictable single instance irregularities) that aren't mentioned in the FAQ?

Also, it seems like everyone on here is either from the southwest or the northeast. Am I the only Florida guy on here?

HEY JETPILOT2112,

first off great aviatar. Giggity, giggity, giggity. The headroom for some 6'2 sould be okay. Im about 5'11 and ive got plenty of headroom. If your that worried, just buy a targa and drive with the targa off.

Jetpilot2112 said:
Also, it seems like everyone on here is either from the southwest or the northeast. Am I the only Florida guy on here?
No. There are TONS and TONS of Florida NSX owners. The Florida Chapter of the NSX Club of America is extremely active, with several events each year; click here for the chapter's website, and here for the national club's website. Check out the schedule for Chin Motorsports, which has track events at Sebring and always has plenty of NSX owners there (it is run by the club's president with the assistance of the head of the club's southeast region). Also don't forget to check out the Southeast Region's forum here on NSXprime.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
HEY JETPILOT2112,

first off great aviatar. Giggity, giggity, giggity.

Thanks - I can't wait for the 2005 Family Guy season. :biggrin:

"OOooo-rriiiiigghhhht" :wink:

nsxtasy said:
No. There are TONS and TONS of Florida NSX owners. The Florida Chapter of the NSX Club of America is extremely active, with several events each year; click here for the chapter's website, and here for the national club's website. Check out the schedule for Chin Motorsports, which has track events at Sebring and always has plenty of NSX owners there (it is run by the club's president with the assistance of the head of the club's southeast region). Also don't forget to check out the Southeast Region's forum here on NSXprime.

JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:
THANKS!!!!
I'll call them up and see if I can head on down there...Chin is having track events this friday and saturday! I live in Tampa so Sebring is only a 2+15 drive away...well worth it.
Thanks again!!

Okay sounds good, I'll look for you guys!
I'm thinking of going down there on Sunday rather than Saturday, but I haven't decided yet. Considering your long drive, I take it you guys are gonna be there both days?

Looks like you should have NCC-1701 on the side :tongue:

Back