Headlights Won't Go Down! Help

Ok so since I picked up this 95 I have randomly had an issue with the headlights staying up after I turn them off. If you play with the dash switch to put headlights up and down it will usually work and they are fine for the next 20 times they are up. However they will now not go down at all!!! Playing with switch etc. makes no difference now.

So is it the switch? is it a relay? any ideas? I want to order what I need asap due the spring fling happening this weekend! I dont want to roll with my lights up all weekend!

Brian

Ok so since I picked up this 95 I have randomly had an issue with the headlights staying up after I turn them off. If you play with the dash switch to put headlights up and down it will usually work and they are fine for the next 20 times they are up. However they will now not go down at all!!! Playing with switch etc. makes no difference now.

So is it the switch? is it a relay? any ideas? I want to order what I need asap due the spring fling happening this weekend! I dont want to roll with my lights up all weekend!

Brian

I know that if you un-plug that in dash switch, the headlight won't close. But i don't know if there is other cause that problem.

Keno

Brian

I had that problem once and it was the in dash switch gone bad. From what you are describing....I'd bet that's what it is. There is a way to lower the headlights mechanically also. I remember finding it in the service manual, but it's a PITA.

check the relay as well.
there are 2 relay boxes in the front compartment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the switch located on the dash panel to the left of the steering wheel. Note to future readers!!! If you can play with that switch and get them to move around or work, then its the switch! 100 fix retail from the dealer!

Back