Have/Have Not's/Wanna Be's & Dreamer's

In 1999 I bought an Acura TL. Two years later it was traded in for a 2001. Its still in the garage with 156000 miles and runs great. As of last night, my wife got notice to sell her Accord and the TL was hers. As Paul Harvey would say, "And now, the REST of the story." About 5 years ago, give or take a few months, I was playing Golf at Tobacco Road in NC and there for the first time, I came face to face with a Red NSX. One of the guys used my golf towel to wipe the drool off my face. It was then I became a Dreamer. A few months later, sitting in front of AJ's in Destin FL was a black NSX. My beer got warm from lack of attention. I then became a Wanna Be. Thoughts of owning an NSX were put off as a daughter and son went thru higher education. With a new wife, which will never be traded in, she gave support and provided inspiration, to become proactive in making the move from a Have Not to a Have.

There are many Dreamers. There are lots of Wanna Be's. Last night I joined the ranks of the "Have's" Although staying within the Acura family, last night I became a junior member to an elite group of owners. Tonight I'm thrilled to announce my induction to the NSX family.

1995 Acura NSX-T
Red over Tan

Thank you Angie......

Tom in Lumberton NC

Tom,

Picking mine up tomorrow so I understand the process. Congrats on the new ride.

Regards,
Jonny

Congrats and welcome :smile:

Very nicely written, probably the most philosophical introduction that i have ever read.

That is one hell of an intro, welcome. I love hearing these stories.

Great story, that sums it up for me too, just with younger kids:smile: . Same year too.

Welcome to a great club, great website, and a lot of great people...

Ahhh, if there were only more hours in the day to drive!!!!!!

Excellent! Glad to have an enthusiastic new owner here. The great thing is that my wife encourages me to modify mine....may you have the same continued luck. :biggrin: :wink:

Congratulations, and don't forget to tell your wife that you love her everytime you come home after driving the NSX.:smile:

Great story, I agree that alot of us start out as wantabes. I was one since 91. I bought several MR2's in the past since they were very affordable and looked very simiular, but it just was'nt the same. I also was inspired by my loving fiance to get the car of my dreams. She has since bumped the wedding date up so I knew there had to be a catch.:rolleyes:

Tom..welcome and congratulations. You fulfilled both your dreams but hang on to her, it's much easier to find a NSX.

Congrats Tom! My girlfriend brought her whole family to check out my nsx in CA since I couldn't make it. I was a dreamer too. Thank you Marisol!

great write up..... have fun with it:cool: once you see what type of parts are available for the nsx youll be more hooked than Darryl Strawberry on crack!!!! There are soooooooooo many options for your car....:eek:

Again...great introduction and story.

Welcome. Did I miss the photos?

Again...great introduction and story.

Welcome. Did I miss the photos?

The wife or the car??!! Specific's Fct! Actually, she's getting a lower profile and dressed up with new rims and tires. When that's complete, photo's will follow. Maybe I'll get Angie to pose in one, that way you won't have to answer my first question! :tongue:

And to the other replies, Great to be here and thank you.

T

Back