Has the MR2 been discontinued?

I have been looking for a new MR2 Spyder for my wife and can't find any 04's. The dealership beats around the bush and says, "Well, they just haven't shipped any to us yet. I am pretty sure they are not making them anymore, which would steer me away from buying one. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks

Rob

MR2

I went to the Chicago Auto Show last night.(Feb 11) and Toyota had a Red MR2 on display. I didn't look at the sticker to see if it listed it as a 2004. I thought Ford had discontinued the Thunderbird but they had 2004's on display also

I love MR2s, they are like mini-NSXes. I have had 3 MR2s to go with 3 NSXes.

Its still listed as a model on the Toyota website. Although a the description reads "newly redesigned for 2003". I also looked up the vehicle inventory for 3 dealers in Tampa. None of them had any 2004 MR2's in.

Toyota's official website still brings up the '03 model. Confusing.
I have a friend that should talk to you, NSX/MR2, he's decided he wants to get an MR spyder. He wants to buy an inepensive, reliable
mid-engine sports-car. Buying tips, caveats, best mods, etc. Is there a good website? Thanks

I may go with a clean used Mercedes SLK 230. Anyone ever owned one? Any querkes? Thanks

Rob

Back