has anyone played GT3 yet?

How is it? Are there any new cars worth mentioning? Did the handling increase slightly(hopefully) on the corvettes?

------------------
99 Trans Am WS.6
89 Camaro RS
76 Corvette
66 Chevelle Malibu

What surprises me is how squirrly the NSX is!
I have the power up to around 500, best suspension, best brakes, weight reduction, you name it. I still scream through tight turns far better with my modded 4WD Lancer Evo.
I so want to use my NSX in some races, but I just can't get first place with it, esp. on the tight courses like Special Stage 11.

What surprises me is how squirrly the NSX is!

So far my experience with the NSX has been nothing but positive. Of course, I haven't played GT3 much in sim mode yet, so I can't speak for how it behaves with mods.

That said, my experiences with the NSX Type S Zero in GT1 have been quite interesting. That one is up to 500hp and has tons of mods and the maximum allowed weight reduction. Took me awhile to figure out how to keep the car on the ground (I plan to upload clips of replays showing how easily I caught air in this NSX). After lowering the car, tinkering with the camber, and using soft racing tires, my problems have pretty much gone away...but I'm still having difficulty competing in some of the racing series.

I'm curious how a similarly configured Type S Zero will handle in GT3...but I'm still far from that. I'm trying to get all golds in the license tests so I can avoid being stuck with one of the few cars the beginning credits can afford. I only have two golds to go in B license and will start A license as soon as I get them.

-----------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 13 July 2001).]

I just bought the Logitec Force feedback wheel and GT3 three days ago...
the graphics are excellent... the physical interface is alot like what Lud is talking about... It takes alot to get used to... the game is inherently difficult.. especially if you're playing the 'simulation' mode trying to win 'credits' (not called money in game) to modify your car.. You start out with 18,000 Cr. and you really can only afford to buy a Mazda Miata for cryin out loud! Even with the stage one turbo I put on it, its fast, but it handles like shit because any sort of suspension upgrade is 5-10k! The modifications area is very limited, altho I'm not sure if it's car specific or not as I've only been able to drive the miata. I'm certainly hoping it is car specific because the mods to choose from are VERY limited, and the prices are outrageous.

Of course you can always play 'arcade' mode and race in the NSX S-Zero (A class) or the racing NSX Mugen (S class) and there's also another NSX in the S class that I cant remember who its modified by. Arcade mode provides decent entertainment, but I REALLY want to be able to modify my NSX S-Zero... I dont see that happening any time soon!

The courses are interesting.. anywhere from an oval track to a track that looks like a pile of spegetti noodles from above.

It's certainly making you REALLY work to be able to modify any decent car in the game... especially (this is what bugs me most) when you buy the miata for 17k, you have 1k left... and you can only sell it for 4,500!!! WTF! It only has all of 100 miles on it after racing it for about a dozen races.... and of course there's no damage because GT3 just simply doesn't even take into account for that. Changing the oil, (250 Cr) waste of time. Washing the car.... !? Again waste of time and credits... there are several things that bug me..... but luckily I can drive the NSX S-Zero or one of the racing style NSX's against SVT Mustang Cobra R, Corvette Z06 and a few other comparable cars....

The force feedback does give a good bit of information about how the car is going to react in the next corner, but lots of things are missing that you just cant get with any force feedback wheel... things like body roll and change in the car's attitude to tell you when to heel toe and when to whip the tail end out...

All in all, i give it 3 3/4 stars out of 5.

Maybe if i bought an NSX seat and mounted it to some sort of hydrolic device to simulate all the gravitational effects... THEN it would be a really great simlation game.

Until then, its only a game... and in every game, you have to play it like the developers intended rather than how you'd really react in a real life situation.

Once you play it you'll see what i mean.

-Electro

The NSX DOES get a bit squirrely to drive in GT3. Its actually quite easily cured by playing with the suspension and alignment settings.

More Toe in on the rear will keep it inline quite a bit more. More Toe out in the front will get the car to turn in just a shade more. Also Softening the rear shocks and sway bars will reduce the NSx's tendency to snap oversteer. Last of all, adjusting the ride height so it has a bit of suspension travel to it will make the car a bit more civil.

After doing most of these things to the NSX, it becomes quite a bit more driveable, and turns like there's no tomorrow.

Back