Halfshaft boot damged

Excellent guys, thank you again. I like the winding idea with the needle nose pliers along with the service bulletin detail instructions I should have no problems…. How do you get the Service Bulletins…that shows excellent detail and I am wondering on my 03 ABS system if there is one as well for bleeding since my service manual is referring to the type with a reservoir on top and the special bleeder tool, it does not appear I have any bleeder on mine.

Thanks,
Pete

Re: Halfshaft boot damaged

As an FYI my new manual does not mention to separate the lower ball joint, it is exactly as you have all explained by taking the alignment bolts off…. maybe a newer revision.

the new straps are different than the originals and the manual instructions are referring to the older strap design. I’m not sure how to apply enough pressure on these clamps and secure them, this will be key to keep them from leaking; it does not look like my friends standard strap compression pliers will work on these. Any suggestions from someone who has done this would be a big help?
Thanks,
Pete

There is actually a service bulletin about this change to NOT separate the ball joint, later service manuals have been updated.

In regard to the bands you need the KD3191 tool for them, about $15 on line:).

http://www.toolfetch.com/Brand/K_D_Tools/Automotive/Suspension_Steering/KD3191.htm

HTH,
LarryB

Back