Gtr

OK guys I pulled the trigger, I've placed my order for the GTR and I'm second on the list. It will be sold $ 6,000 over MSRP so I'll have to wait to see which model / color my dealer is going to receive.

Any takers on my 91 ?

I just ordered one for myself with the money I won playing blackjack online. :biggrin:

LOL!:biggrin: I'd almost won enough to buy my Carrera GT but I got greedy so looks like that plan didn't work out for me.

Congrats on your GTR. How long til you get it?

congrats! Did the dealership let you know when they will find out how many GTR's they will be getting? "supposedly" pre-orders from Nissan are to start Jan 1st.

OK guys I pulled the trigger, I've placed my order for the GTR and I'm second on the list. It will be sold $ 6,000 over MSRP so I'll have to wait to see which model / color my dealer is going to receive.

Any takers on my 91 ?

You mean you guys haven't received your cars yet? I got my last month!!!!:biggrin:

BTW, what kind of options are out there for the car?

The dealer does not have any information at all on the color, options etc. Only know that they will receive 2 cars...I called the local dealership near San Fran and they want $ 20K over MSRP and one's spoken for already.

I only hope that the GT -R has better craftsmanship than the 350Z. I had the 35Z before and it was crap....

What are they asking in LA Vance??

Six grand over MSRP really isnt that bad. I'm betting others will pay much more. When the latest ZO6 hit the floor a local dealer was asking $81,000. Another local dealer Ebay'd a yellow one for 100,000.:eek:

Six grand over MSRP really isnt that bad. I'm betting others will pay much more. When the latest ZO6 hit the floor a local dealer was asking $81,000. Another local dealer Ebay'd a yellow one for 100,000.:eek:

And now they are 12 for a dime.:biggrin:

Any takers on my 91 ?

Congrats, that is not a bad deal from what I have heard. But don't commit (i.e. sell your nsx) until you have that deal locked down in an air-tight contract. I've heard of so many ppl getting screwed over by dealers that take your deposit for whatever amt, then let the market bid for your car when it gets here. Pretty not much you can do when they get scummy like that unless you have a contract, and even if you do it will be a hassle to sue them--most likely you'll just let it go and take your deposit back. My friend already got screwed by his salesman who promised the car at MSRP. When the contract was sent to his door, there was a clause saying that they could auction the car once it arrived and nothing really guaranteed his delivery at MSRP.

Good luck though. Make sure it is down in writing.

What are they asking in LA Vance??
Last I heard... As much over the sticker as possible... Open for interpretation.

Perhaps as much as 30k over sticker?

A pertty standard practice, a deposit buys you the right to bid on the car.

The V-Spec will be made as my friend from Nissian told me. Also there will be more then 1500 cars but they say 1500 to help the hype.

so the GTR v-spec is coming after the inital launch of the GTR i assume?

$ 30K over MSRP?? wow that is highway robbery. I just hope they don't tell me later that based on demand the Dealer wants $ 20K over MSRP now. At least I spoke (dealt with) the GM,,if that helps.

$ 30K over MSRP?? wow that is highway robbery. I just hope they don't tell me later that based on demand the Dealer wants $ 20K over MSRP now. At least I spoke (dealt with) the GM,,if that helps.

Seriously, don't get your hopes up. I've seen way too many posts in car forums where people were given a specific $ figure on forthcoming cars, placed a deposit down, then got the shaft when the vehicle came in and the price went WAY up. The Saturn Sky comes to mind specifically, but I've read many other accounts as well. With the Sky, the dealership had to sell the base vehicle at a specific figure set by GM, but they would order fully loaded vehicles and mark up the accessories to ludicrous figures to inflate the price by (IIRC) as much as $10K.

I know the sales manager at my dealership and he said $40k over. I'm still not sure if he was joking or not. I gotta sit down and seriously speak with him soon.

You're ok ordering a car without knowing the color? Is the US getting the option of the "black edition" which comes with graphite wheels and red/black interiors?

I have a few brochures from Japan...my spies have sent them to me. There's a kinda cool "Hyper LED driving light option" that sits in the front grille...much like the new Audi's. Oh, and a tool kit complete with white leather gloves. Sweet.

Any takers on my 91 ?

Did you order it or just get on their 'list'? Did you have to put a deposit down? $6k over MSRP is awesome. I would jump on that even if I didn't want a GT-R just to resell it.

The big Nissan dealer here is getting 18 and they're not taking pre-orders or offering any pricing, just putting a list together. Getting on the list doesn't require a deposit, but I couldn't do it over the phone. They said they only had 5 or 6 people on their list.

Ok....I've wanted an Imola NSX since day one....someone ordered a custom color. I'm in love... (and I know this isn't for everyone)

20080110harrison01aj3.jpg

20080110harrison02la9.jpg

This is why I'm waiting for sure...gonna wait a year or two...gonna keep hoping for a 6speed...and just gonna see if a V-spec does turn up. I think it'll make a great daily driver and keep the miles off the NSX. :tongue:

Back