GTLW vs JGTC

FYI -

GTLW is approx 20.7 lbs
JGTC is approx 34.2 lbs

Exhaust preference is obviously a personal preference thing, but here's another vote for the GTLW. Absolutely awesome sound, and I went thru three exhausts before I finally went GTLW.

i vote for "JGTC/parallel"
way more aggressive sounding.
deeper tone and louder.

GT lightweight gets it's name for being a lightweight pussycat.
might as well get a comptech system. way too quiet.

everyone jumps on the GTLW because one guy is too proud to say anything other than good about it and everyone follows along. when you go with the taitec parallel, you dont go back to a gtlw.

One of the reasons why I am comparing these 2 exhausts is because the thought of why 1 company would produce 2 exhausts in the same price range with one seemingly better than the other. I am unable to compare the sound of them since SOS only offers sound clips for the JGTC but as much as I like aggressive sounding exhausts, I am a little more into performance. All your inputs are appreciated.

everyone jumps on the GTLW because one guy is too proud to say anything other than good about it and everyone follows along. when you go with the taitec parallel, you dont go back to a gtlw.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IMO... GTLW > Taitec Parallel

Louder does not equal better. Not too mention, peoples taste in exhaust differ. If not, everyone would own a GTLW. :tongue:

sound = HP

those civic bolt on instant 40HP from those cat back exhaust. :biggrin:

I'm getting dyno at the shop. If some one is willing to donate their parallel exhaust for a test, i can probably get a local nsx member to donate his nsx and GTLW... or we can use my car as the test car.

The doner gets 3 free pulls on the dyno just for sh*ts and giggles.

If you want to deliver and stay for the dyno runs and help/watch the install you are welcome.

I was debating between the Taitec JGTC and GTLW about a year ago. I went with the GTLW because I didn't want to be too loud. Don't get me wrong, the GTLW isn't quiet by any means. The JGTC is just extremely loud at any rpm (I've heard of people getting cited for the exhaust in California). The GTLW, as you know, is also lighter and has a smoother sound. I used to have a RS*R exhaust, and that was way too quiet (a tad louder than stock).

i have the rsr quad pipes right now and they are pretty quite. good at WOT but nothing like the high pitched screaming im looking for:smile:

i wonder if they make the same power tho...... i'll throw my RSR on the dyno also for test. I have a Kakimoto nsx exhaust too laying around.... i'll dyno that on the same car.... :biggrin:

sound = HP

i can probably get a local nsx member to donate his nsx and GTLWQUOTE]

"Are you talking to me?"
-Robert De Niro

:wink:

GTLW is NOT quiet. At the same time It's not overbearing as well. It has a very aggressive streetable tone. I've heard both the GTLW and the JGTC parallel. End result: GTLW > JGTC parallel for the streets.

Last edited:
lol who else~! :biggrin:

i want ferrari notes from my nsx. also test pipes would help kick up the sound a notch

i have the rsr quad pipes right now and they are pretty quite. good at WOT but nothing like the high pitched screaming im looking for:smile:

i wonder if they make the same power tho...... i'll throw my RSR on the dyno also for test. I have a Kakimoto nsx exhaust too laying around.... i'll dyno that on the same car.... :biggrin:

I had the quad tips too. I have to say it's one of the best looking exhausts. The four tips looked very nice.

oh for sure, RSR Quad's look beautiful. fits the exhaust slots perfect. this is the one Honda that warrants quad tips.

they are discontiuned now from what i heard.

stench like sound = hp :D

oh for sure, RSR Quad's look beautiful. fits the exhaust slots perfect. this is the one Honda that warrants quad tips.

they are discontiuned now from what i heard.

stench like sound = hp :D

Yep. They are discontinued. I bought the last one from DaliRacing a while back. I was hesitant to sell it because it looked so good. I just needed something louder and lighter (the RS*R weighed within a couple pounds of the OEM exhaust!)

lol i saw the forsale pictures you had! i was going to steal them to sell mine :tongue:

you did hell of a good job polishing that baby up!

nice supra and S2k. i got those sexy beasts also:wink:

lol who else~! :biggrin:

i want ferrari notes from my nsx. also test pipes would help kick up the sound a notch

Test pipes will make a JGTC unbearably loud. i just finished having hi-flow cats replace the testies along with silencers on my JGTC center exit (similar to the parallel). Sound is really nice and evenly toned- no droning at all. i havent heard a GTLW to compare.
I must say to the threadstarter, if considering the JGTC do not run test pipes. :smile:
I will try to see if i can record a sound clip for reference.

Test pipes will make a JGTC unbearably loud. i just finished having hi-flow cats replace the testies along with silencers on my JGTC center exit (similar to the parallel). Sound is really nice and evenly toned- no droning at all. i havent heard a GTLW to compare.
I must say to the threadstarter, if considering the JGTC do not run test pipes. :smile:
I will try to see if i can record a sound clip for reference.

Unbearably loud? I have the same setup that you used to have (test pipes), along with dc headers, and find that it isn't loud enough...... When I had my straight pipe exhaust (no mufflers, test pipes) that was borderline unbearably loud, pretty sweet though. JGCT with no cats, for me at least, gives me the mix of comfort/aggressiveness that I wanted. I'm only 22 though so maybe I have a higher tolerance :cool: To be fair I haven't heard the car from the outside. I may need to have a friend do a few drive bys to see how annoying this car really is. The car is fairly well insulated, so the loudness doesn't seem overbearing, even with the windows down.......

NSXSUPRA,
SOS website says piping is 50mm, and your description says 60mm. Dali sells the adapter pipe that is also 50mm. Won't the50mm piping constrict the 60mm airflow?
Also, anybody know the difference between a 91-96 GTLW, and a 97+ GTLW w/ adapter pipes? Is there a compromise on performance/weight/cost?

revvv'...

I'm a big fan of the Taitec JGTC parallel exhaust. It enhances the NSX experience greatly. Also, it's fabrication/construction is like a work of art!

Back