GTG in the GTA ... Where are the NSX Guys?

Spring is here ... the grass has riz ... were wondering where the NSX'rs iz? :biggrin:

In case you guys are not aware of this ... Every Saturday morning ... there is a sports car meet called the "GTG in the GTA" (Get together in the Greater Toronto Area)

Takes place behind the Chapters, across from Sherway Gardens (427 and QEW)

Starts around 10A, until sometime after 12 noon ... rain/shine/snow ... we're either outside by the cars, or in the Starbucks having a quick drink...

Come on out and join us!

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=341537

I don't think that I will ever attend something "put on" by these guys, after the negative comments about NSX last year post.

It's just me...Bram

Negative comments about NSX's? Probably stemming from a lack of attendies :confused: ... normally I find the discussions very positive in all respects ... although the F-Boy's tend to take a bit of ribbing. :biggrin:

Anyways Bram ... drop by ... give it a chance, and I'll buy you a beverage!

Mark

Next week should be another great turn out ... but still no NSX guys ... are you still all hybernating?

Yeah, I prefer to sleep in on the weekends I'm not at the track.

Maybe when my son gets older (he's 5 now) I'll be more interested in "Show and Shines" but for now I only wake up early for "Turn and Burns":tongue:

Remembered I cant do Sat AMs because I take my son to sportplay.

AND there's your regular Sat pedicure appointment that you use as an excuse to miss track days!:rolleyes:

Sure, I may this weekend.

Bram
Negative comments about NSX's? Probably stemming from a lack of attendies :confused: ... normally I find the discussions very positive in all respects ... although the F-Boy's tend to take a bit of ribbing. :biggrin:

Anyways Bram ... drop by ... give it a chance, and I'll buy you a beverage!

Mark

Thanks for the invite Mark !

I know there was a lot of NSX bashing last year and that is why most of us wouldn't give it the time of day. I recall something about exotics did not include NSX's and we had no place there.

I think your invite however is sincere and the jerks voicing off last year doesn't represent the entire meet.

I'm sure I'll be out there for one Saturday. Glad to see Bram have a change of heart !!

Thanks again for the invite

So I checked out Mark's invitation behind the Chapters this morning. Mark wasn't there...he was at a "Vette ONLY " event across the street somewhere so I didn't bother going over.
The porche guys were there though. 17 in all. lined up in two sets with their hoods / truncks open ( where ever their engines may be ) There was also 1 Lotus and 1 Aston Martin. and ofcourse 1 NSX !!!

Very friendly folks I must say. Spoke to several of the guys. It's a nice way to spend an hour Saturday morning as you can get a beverage/sandwich right there.

Didn't see anyone from the NSX club of Canada though.......

Thanks anyway for the invite Mark. I'll take a close look ate the Vette get together... ( from the AIR as I trun onto final approach for 06R at Pearson )

That's it for now...

Riccardo reporting.......

So I checked out Mark's invitation behind the Chapters this morning. Mark wasn't there...he was at a "Vette ONLY " event across the street somewhere so I didn't bother going over.
The porche guys were there though. 17 in all. lined up in two sets with their hoods / truncks open ( where ever their engines may be ) There was also 1 Lotus and 1 Aston Martin. and ofcourse 1 NSX !!!

Very friendly folks I must say. Spoke to several of the guys. It's a nice way to spend an hour Saturday morning as you can get a beverage/sandwich right there.

Didn't see anyone from the NSX club of Canada though.......

Thanks anyway for the invite Mark. I'll take a close look ate the Vette get together... ( from the AIR as I trun onto final approach for 06R at Pearson )

That's it for now...

Riccardo reporting.......

Hey, sorry I missed you, but we had our first Vette Meet of the season ... so I was only at the GTG for around 45min. ... There was a guy in a Yellow NSX that stopped by the Vette meet for a few minutes, I spoke to him a bit, and invited him on the cruise, but I guess he felt alittle out of place, although a couple of the Porche guys did come over, and cruised with us ... great day!

Mark

There was a guy in a Yellow NSX that stopped by the Vette meet for a few minutes, I spoke to him a bit, and invited him on the cruise, but I guess he felt alittle out of place

Don't look at me! I was doing a cruise as well, in my case around Mosport at 130 mph!

Of course I wasn't alone, there was Paul Carroll in his fast Black NSX in my run group!

Nice to see an X on the track, great handling car - so sad that so many of you will never know:rolleyes:

^^Like you know. In terms of getting your NSX on a track you're no better than Arshad or Johnny.

I tracked my NSX, many times, and then I got serious, and decided to put my money where my mouth was and actually race instead of just talking about how fast I can go, so I got a real racecar:wink:

Back