GT-ONE rear bumper pics w/rebar

not that deep at all, just about a 1 inch trim on each side. you also have to cut grooves in each of the middle part behind the lower part of the vents. there's a part of the rebar that has a ledge going down, you just have to trim that part on the fiberglass aswell or just trim that piece off on the rebar. hope this helps
Thanks, i mounted this bumper last september, but i didnt really like removing the rear bar.

Im gonna have a second look at it this spring since the car is tucked away for winter now. Probably gonna put a tighter net in the openings that doesnt show as much as the ones that came with the bumper - fom distance you can hardly tell there is a net in the openings now.

Pics of my installation in this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96140

i actually got an aluminum sheet that i'm going to fabricate in the back to make the rebar look flat and paint it. I'll have more pics this sunday with a different view/angle. mind you that I don't have the gt-1 or downforce rear diffuser yet. i think it would compliments the bumper nicely.

I know most peeps don't put a rebar on because it doesn't fit properly. My body shop just took the foam out and trimmed near the licence plate area to make it fit. It came out really nice not to mention the safety aspect to it. imagine getting rear ended with out a rebar? **knock on wood** Thanks Henry for the fast shipping!! great product!]

rebar.jpg

This is what I know to be rebar. Not sure how you'd be using it on your car? I'm totally lost...... esp the bold part? :confused:

rebar.jpg

This is what I know to be rebar. Not sure how you'd be using it on your car? I'm totally lost...... esp the bold part? :confused:

a reinforcement bar or impact beam is also know as a re-bar down here. The re-bar is shown in visible inside the two vents with the holes shown and behind the bumpers. that rebar in the pic is for construction purposes! there are different terms i guess, but here it is commonly know as the re-bar.

anyhoo, I have made the sheets of aluminum (1.5mm thick) for each side of the vented area to make it have that flat look. I'm in the process of mounting and painting. if it works well, i'll get the pieces made out of CF.

a reinforcement bar or impact beam is also know as a re-bar down here. The re-bar is shown in visible inside the two vents with the holes shown and behind the bumpers. that rebar in the pic is for construction purposes! there are different terms i guess, but here it is commonly know as the re-bar.

anyhoo, I have made the sheets of aluminum (1.5mm thick) for each side of the vented area to make it have that flat look. I'm in the process of mounting and painting. if it works well, i'll get the pieces made out of CF.

yea just never heard it called that :) no worries.. .

But isnt the point of having a bumper like that to allow the exhaust to stay cooler and for the air to move thru the bumper rather than creating a massive low pressure zone behind the car whipping around and causing all sorts of turbulence? :smile:

yea just never heard it called that :) no worries.. .

But isnt the point of having a bumper like that to allow the exhaust to stay cooler and for the air to move thru the bumper rather than creating a massive low pressure zone behind the car whipping around and causing all sorts of turbulence? :smile:

yes....good point.... and if he install those sheets attached to the bar, and not to the bumper mesh, the bumper openings stays open and that function is preserved :wink:

here are the pics with the aluminum sheet cover for the re-bar. I'm going to try to get the CF done this week to try out some options. I think the CF would be nice and visible from the view of the rear. anyways, I am pleased with how the rear looks now.

Last edited:
That is awesome!

Hard to tell, but the alu sheets are painted right?

Where did you get that vented hood? Is it modified to fit into the 02 lamps?

Looks great, as well as the bored gf!

Last edited:
the wife was just doing some work on her berry. she told me not to put that pic up lols. my buddy and I are planning on making a cf diffuser that is much like a GTone/DF , but with shorter fins to have clearance( about .75-1inch) for those steep driveways and speed bumps.

davidF- the volk's are 10.5's in the rear
jin- I bought the hood used locally down here

uh oh...i have the same wheels, the same hood, the same subs and placement and i was just looking at the same style rear end....

needless to say, i think it looks damn awesome!

uh oh...i have the same wheels, the same hood, the same subs and placement and i was just looking at the same style rear end....

needless to say, i think it looks damn awesome!

Thx!
good choice in parts my friend!get the GT-1 rear bumper...the front hood and the rear bumper give it that GT look. I don't plan on mounting a GT spoiler..to me its not my style.

wow very nice 02 conversion, I didn't even realize it until i saw the interior pics.

Back