GT Live at the California Speedway

Has anyone heard of this series coming to the California Speedway in December ?
18th & 19th to be exact.
www.jgtc.net Japan GT Championship
Seems that it is all Japanese cars and from what I can tell mostly NSX's !
It includes Autocross, Drifting, Racing your own car, Chili, Babes etc..

BH

I believe you're confusing the Japan Touring Car Championship with another racing event. The JGTC as it's also known is a 2 class event. Cars over 500HP and those under. Some of the prominent cars that run are the NSX, Supra, GTR, in addition to a few Ferraris, Lambos, M3's, Vipers and more.

A very exciting series and very cloesly contested due to the weight penalty system assesed after each race depending on your finishing position.

I'm curious where you got the date for the California Speedway? As far as I know it's only been rumored that they'll be running a west coast event sometime in the near future and I didn't see anything on their website announcing anything to that effect.

No autocross or drifting for these cars, although you'll find many a babe at this event, trust me. :D

My brother found a flyer on this event.
I believe he didn't know if they were in fact going to run the race in December,
I do have contact info if anyone is interested. I have not called the # yet or sent an e-mail to the address below.
Seems that if it does happen it would be a cool event as I have been to the speedway for other GT races and like the layout for the road course unlike going to a Nascar or Cart race and watching from the stands.
I took a photo of the flyer. Sorry for the poor quality.
Here is some contact info .

Randy Grube
Paramax
6100 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1150
L.A. CA 90048
323 936-5221
[email protected]

Attachments

• flyer.jpg
    flyer.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,261
It almost seems like some sort of promotional gig sponsored by the JGTC. Probably a "feeler" to see what type of response it generates. I know there's been lots of interest among members on this forum for obvious reasons. I hope it catches on and they decide to hold it at either Infineon Raceway or Laguna Seca since I'm between those two venues.

This should definitely be a NSXCA event!!! Damn...I must attend.

Let's get someone in-charge of group buy on the tickets??

tikets

I have already spoke to many people in Japan about getting tickets to the event. The last thing I heard was that they were not sure about dates, but if and when it would be at california speedway.

From the Japanese web site:
For the All-Star race in the USA, the GT-A will select 25 cars from entrants who have competed until Round 5 of the 2004 series at Twin Ring Motegi. �gWe are hoping to accept around 10 local entries in addition to the cars we bring from Japan.�hsaid Mr Kai

10 locals:D:D Andrie, are you reading this!!!!!!

GTLIVE will probably be the most exciting racing event ever to hit US soil...
So many people have watched and dreamed that someday we could experience the JGTC, and after all the waiting now it will be here. In California of all places, it doesn't get much better then that!

When I met the mastermind behind organizing this event this last April I knew right away how great this will be for the NSX community. Of all the automotive communities associated with JGTC race cars, the NSX community is probably going to show the most support and appreciation for this event. The first thing I said is "I bet we could get 100 NSXs to show up", and I think we could really have a great turnout if there is good enthusiasm out there. ScienceofSpeed will be trying help promote this event as much as possible, and we have already begun to organize with the promoters some really great things just for the NSX community. Some of the cool things: A collection of JGTC inspired NSXes from all over the US to be displayed together and run together on the track, a complete section reserved just for the NSX club, a parade lap before the JGTC cars run, a vendor section for SoS, and all kinds of other activities for the JGTC enthusiast.

Feel free to contact us regarding anything about this event...More info, travel arrangements, car transport from anywhere in the US, etc.
For more info on GTLIVE visit the official website www.JGTCUSA.net
or contact:
Randy Grube
Paramax - JGTC USA
6100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1150
Los Angeles, CA 90048
323-936-5221
[email protected]

Lets all show our enthusiasm and make this event hopefully one that will come back again!

-Seth

email:
[email protected]

And BTW, CALLING ALL JGTC NSX LOOK-A-LIKES! Please contact us if you are interested in showcasing your NSX at this event!

This is awesome. I wish we could organize to represent NSXPRIME and avail of the group benefits. See ad below from JGTC USA website:

"A lot of you belong to a club or group so we thought we’d give you the opportunity to represent at GT Live. Starting in June we’ll be offering car club packages that include a weekend pass, preferred parking, a dedicated lounge in the parking area and participation in the VIP fan lap, which is exclusive to car clubs. "

So has anyone made any plans for a NSX Prime VIP get-together for this event? That would be an awesome show of support for a race series that showcases are prized machines.

I am interested in going also, maybe we can get something together for a group buy.........

JGTC main event

clipped this from their website ( http://www.jgtcusa.net/gtlive_attraction.html )

JGTC Main Event

300km+ race with two mandatory pit stops featuring 25 top teams from Japan, as well as a few US entries. Scheduled start time is 4:30pm, with an anticipated race duration of 2 1/2 to 3 hours. That gives you plenty of time to walk around the track, watch from different vantage points and get in at least one pit stop. And you’ll be able to watch the lighting change as the sun goes down. That means lots of flames coming out of exhaust pipes on downshifts. The race will look and sound awesome. Don’t worry about it being dark because California Speedway just put in a new lighting system.

Re: JGTC main event

nsx1164 said:
300km+ race with two mandatory pit stops featuring 25 top teams from Japan, as well as a few US entries.
I checked with event management, and got the following response:

We will be inviting 15 GT500 and 10 GT300 teams coming. The official list has yet to be finished. If we do have a points race in 2005, it will most likely be held at California Speedway.

Sounds encouraging... :)

Back