• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy For Carbing Rear Strut Bar $185!!

Hey Guys-
Just a heads up.
Leo at JDM spec performance has agreed to a group buy for the Carbing NSX rear strut brace for $185.
We will need 10 people (9 plus myself) to make it happen.
Leo helped me out alot when I was building my del Sol and now that I own an NSX, I am hoping to get him involved in the NSX community. We can all benefit from his services! He has some magic connections in Japan!!
Here is a link to his last Carbing group buy for the civic/integra guys on honda-tech.com http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=246615
His website- www.jdmspecperf.com

He's working on the pics. Apparently there was one NSX owner in on the group buy for the civic/integra guys and he's waiting for a pic of his bar.
I do know of a site that has a pic of the bar installed on an NSX, but I'm not exactly sure how the owner of the site would feel about people "borrowing" his pics.
The bar is like the oem coupe strut bar (it is a straight bar that mounts on 2 points) except that it mounts to the struts instead of the body. The materials and workmanship are identical to the 3 point bar pictured on the first page of the honda-tech link.
Also, please contact Leo at JDM spec performance if you're interested, not me. I'm just a little guy trying to get a *smokin* deal on a very nice strut bar.

[The bar is like the oem coupe strut bar (it is a straight bar that mounts on 2 points) QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------
The Okuyama Carbing strut bar mounts on 3 points, not 2.

Originally posted by zoomnsx:
[The bar is like the oem coupe strut bar (it is a straight bar that mounts on 2 points) QUOTE]
What I meant by 2 mounting points is the number of places the bar makes contact with the body. Not the number of holes on each side of the bar.

[What I meant by 2 mounting points is the number of places the bar makes contact with the body. Not the number of holes on each side of the bar.
[/B][/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------
Oops, my mistake.

So do we have a running count of how many people are interested so far... based on the replies we only have 3... (including myself)... an other takers?

[This message has been edited by spike (edited 09 February 2003).]

Not cool to use link to one vendor's site to promote a sale from a different merchant

nono.gif

- just my $0.02.

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 08 February 2003).]

spike,
I assumed you called Chris at ScienceofSpeed and asked him if you could use that link? Edit your post to eliminate that part of it. Click on the little paper/pencil icon in your post.

John

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 08 February 2003).]

Looks like we have 4 so far. Only 6 more to go! I brought the bar to the San Diego meet at Fuddruckers in Mira Mesa over the weekend and I think there are a couple more from there that will join in.

IMPORTANT!! I'll take a pic of the bar tonight and post it. Please don't post links to other vendors sites unless of course you have their permission. My goal here is to save $60 on a strut bar, not to piss off the vendors that do such a great job servicing the NSX community.

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
spike,
I assumed you called Chris at ScienceofSpeed and asked him if you could use that link? Edit your post to eliminate that part of it. Click on the little paper/pencil icon in your post.

John

<font size=1>

Sorry about the post... I evidently was very insensitive to Chris's IP... won't happen again...

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 08 February 2003).]

Here are some pics of the bar installed on my car.
nsxrear1.jpg

nsxrear2.jpg

nsxrear3.jpg

nsxrear4.jpg

March 8th is the last day to join in on the buy!!! We need about 5 more to make this happen.

------------------
'94 NSX black on black
'01 IS300
'93 del Sol -turbo integra powered- SOLD

Back